We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

I moan about the refs.

I moan about the refs at most games and a guy sat in front of me moans about me moaning about refs. I was hoping he would move seats this season but the bastard is still there. Christ its a bit rich if you can not moan about refs especially with the treatment we have had in recent seasons. Had to bite my tongue after Madeleys performance, it's still hurting.

After winning the title on the last kick of the game, everything changed for me, I stopped doubting, stressing, moping if we'd lost, so much, we'd done it, and we did it again! And we will do it again, I have no doubt, we have Pep, yes he's as mad as a box of frogs with his inverted wing backs and false no.9's everywhere, and crazy wingers etc... Me, I fucking love it, this season is going to be another mad ride, but with the players we've bought, I'm just looking forward to it, with no fear, Whatsoever! I don't watch Sky, or BT now, I just watch and listen to the games, it's a liberating experience.
Yes we northerners love to moan, usually about the weather, refs etc,but fuck me, what a team we have, what a season it looks like being! Keep the faith and chin up!

The amount of negativity from our fans about City at the moment is absolutely staggering, and during a time where we're literally living the greatest era in the club's history.

I can think of only Arsenal at the moment where the fans talk about their own club with such distain. I rarely ever see or hear United fans talk about their club with the venom and malice which has developed amongst a large section of our support. I've never heard a United fan say a bad word about Mourinho since he joined.

You think all those negative media articles and news stories have no impact but they do. They create a mood of negativity, something which festers in the back of the mind. It means you'll be set alight more easily at the slightest mishap or mistake.

The club isn't perfect and it never will be. They make mistakes and they will make mistakes in the future as well. I find a lot of the problems I have about City are the results of my problems with elements of modern football. We're not alone with a lot of our concerns about prices, corporates, fan engagement etc.

Unfortunately it seems that some of us have become professional Manchester City critics rather than Manchester City supporters.

People can't wait to have a moan about the slightest thing, and it's sad. I even saw people on this forum yesterday saying we've had a shit transfer window yesterday after we've spent £200 million+ on several top class players. Some plonker on Twitter saying we've ruined Denayer's career because we made him sign a contract and then loaned him out. The only reason he's not better than Van Dyke right now apparently.

Comments like this after the CL draw "Forgive me for not jumping with glee at not being in a group of death, but I'm still not convinced Pep knows his best XI from game to game" - After we've played 2 matches with 1 change where the number 1 left back is out injured. How on earth that could be your instant reaction or thought to a CL draw is well beyond my way of thinking.

The way some of us speak about the manager, players and people behind the scenes is frightening. It's almost hatred and resentful at times. Every mistake by manager, player or club isn't an excuse to go straight for the throat

The bottom line is that if you're not happy now then you will never ever be happy.
Totally agree. A few numbskulls among our fan base who don't understand what Pep's creating.

This is a forum and the place exists for us to discuss the good and the bad. I tend to discuss the bad in more detail but that doesn't mean i take the good for granted. It's just that there's no need for me to continually write long winded posts on why Silva is great or why the Chairman is amazing, because it's been done to death. I don't feel the need to qualify every negative statement with a positive disclaimer. I'm sure others feel the same.

I think a lot of the negative stuff is centered around the same kind of things and is born out of the frustration that is the same issues week in week out which seem to be plaguing us both on the field and off the field....

Off the Field - we've made some great additions, but even a great window still doesn't allow us to have a fully balanced and capable squad which can function at the very top level 2-3 times a week for 8 months. We desperately need another forward (something i really didn't agree with a month or two ago, but seeing how we appear to be lining up, can see the value in now) yet we have seemingly left things til the last week in the window and there's no link within the media other than one that points towards a player who appears to be difficult to sign...which could then leave us short if we don't sign him. There's a similar problem at centre back and maybe even at left back.

On the Field - Oppositions scoring with their first chance, referee's making ridiculous game deciding decisions against us (particularly at home for some bizarre reason) and Pep's selection decisions (which i'm ok with for the record).

These are all topical things to discuss and there's no better place than here to do so. If anything, i actually think folk on here in general tend to over-estimate and over-egg how good some of our players (before they've had chance to back it up in a blue shirt) are and at the same time very dismissive of opposition players - Jonny Evans for example...who would be a considerable upgrade on the player he would actually be replacing. It's a forum just like any other team's forum. Biased, over the top, moany, whingy, reactionary but at the same time a brilliant place to mix with fellow blues. Regardless of our opinions, we're all still blues and we'll all be jumping up and down in unison every time we stick the ball in the net.

I know where the OP is coming from.....there are people on this forum who love to tell you time and time again.....I'm giving up.....or this is my last season.....well fine but we only need to know once !
City are by no means perfect...but they care about the fans more than most teams.....but don't people just love to moan about the surveys !.....ignore them if they annoy you.
I go to the stadium to watch the boys in blue ........the beer, pies etc are all secondary.....don't buy them every week if they are always cold ( the pies) or the queues are too long for the beer!
My season ticket went up by £15 this season.....less than a £1 a match.....to watch Sergio, Silva, Bernardo and all
We have the best owners bar none in the world......we went 35 years without a trophy. And suffered ( really suffered).....some really desperate times....but there are some of our own fans just waiting for an excuse to stick the knife into our club and try and spread their own negativity !

Last edited:
It's not negativity it's a realism. We as city fans say it as is it is. Good or bad.
Don't for one second compare us to rags. They are by their nature plastic, weak,sheep like. You must remember they are a bunch of people who will forego following their local club in order to attach themselves to a club they have no connection to whatsoever to appear a "winner"They are hardly going to question the club they have put so much of their moral fibre in. They are sheep ffs..would make them look a right dick in darkest Kent if they say things like Jose this and Jose that whilst they spend 100's of pounds visiting a city 200 miles away all in the need to belong. I feel for the poor ****s. Even when they are shit they have to go thought all that simply to save face. Us sure we will be embarrassed by city at times but we are home by half ten at worst. Then we come here and moan.

It's allowed.

Its weird and un-explainable
I live in a kind of paradise, 2 minute walk to some of the worlds best beaches, sub tropical climate
retired early with a good superannuation fund, 6 big cruises in the last 2 years

The only thing I moan about is City
We get the worlds best mgr, he spends 400 million on the team..
We still cant beat fucking Everton over 94 minutes on our own ground ....(for me moan inducing)

and now Johnny Fuckin Evans !

Its all the money weve spent, it raises expectations, when we were shit, we expected shit.

(disagree about Scum fans though, I know plenty of moaners)

I can remember radio phone ins where rags gave Ferguson no end of abuse after a poor result, even when they were on their way to winning yet another league title. It's how football fans react in general.
You have to laugh. There's some sweaty little bloke living with his aged mother who cooks all his meals and does his ironing. He's bald but with long greasy hair at the back and sides (Mick Miller style) who assembles clothes line pegs for a living to buy his season ticket. He calls the 'phone-in' (his voice is squeakier than Alan Ball's) to berate his club's manager with 40 years experience in football including 20 years of man-management, tactics and formations that have brought success. But in his own mind, the sweaty little bloke is a football expert who believes it's simply a case of playing this player here and that player there. No sense of how a manager needs to assert himself at a club, command respect, and the direction he'll need to give to world class players.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.