We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

The phrase "typical City" was around long before oil wealth. Negativity is ingraved in our club. Its just part of life. We are so desparate for true sucess, it doesnt mean we cant remember the very bad times. Actually my favourite memories of being a City fan are from the late ninties when we were at our worst.
Honestly I think its a pressure thing, as a fan i feel scrutinised by everything the media and other fans say about the club I love. I honestly do love city like a family member, but just like a family member I get pissed off at City and with City but love them all the same.

Look at the songs we sing as well. We never win at home and we never win away.. and the invisible man. Both a tongue in cheek look at the fortunes of Manchester City football club. CTID no matter what league no matter what result CTID.

It's true, it's in our DNA and it's what makes us unique as fans.

We've always moaned. Back in the days when we were bobbins and the best part of the day (away day) was the sing song in the pub - the match got in the way!!

Now the club is totally different from the one we used to know (I'm 47, been supporting City since 76 when I discovered football) so we just have different things to moan about

We could win the quadruple, go undefeated through the entire season and we'd still moan.........don't worry about it OP!!

You have to laugh. There's some sweaty little bloke living with his aged mother who cooks all his meals and does his ironing. He's bald but with long greasy hair at the back and sides (Mick Miller style) who assembles clothes line pegs for a living to buy his season ticket. He calls the 'phone-in' (his voice is squeakier than Alan Ball's) to berate his club's manager with 40 years experience in football and 20 years of man-management, tactics and formations that have brought success. But in his own mind, the sweaty little bloke is a football expert who believes it's simply a case of playing this player here and that player there. No sense of how a manager needs to assert himself at a club, command respect, and the direction he'll need to give to world class players.
Without the sweaty little bloke working to buy his season ticket there would be no manager making himself a multi millionaire making 11 blokes millionaires kicking a football around a field, so I'd say he's as much right to have an opinion as the next guy.

It's true, it's in our DNA and it's what makes us unique as fans.

We've always moaned. Back in the days when we were bobbins and the best part of the day (away day) was the sing song in the pub - the match got in the way!!

Now the club is totally different from the one we used to know (I'm 47, been supporting City since 76 when I discovered football) so we just have different things to moan about

We could win the quadruple, go undefeated through the entire season and we'd still moan.........don't worry about it OP!!
Specially if we miss out on the Charity shield start of next season.

Without the sweaty little bloke working to buy his season ticket there would be no manager making himself a multi millionaire making 11 blokes millionaires kicking a football around a field, so I'd say he's as much right to have an opinion as the next guy.
Of course he's entitled to an opinion - there's about 53,000 differing opinions at City most home games "He needs to make 'em play faster. He needs to make 'em launch more balls into the box. He's playing people out of position". Sadly, the sweaty little bloke's season ticket money is now far less critical a factor than it used to be.

Don't talk like a wet fart.

Every team has its own negativity. It's just that you don't live it like you do with City

Stop all this shit now.

Don't be such a twat. The guy/gal posted in good faith, and is entitled to express his/her opinion without abuse.

We are the most cynical fans in Europe, but we are the most loyal, it's our club with the best sense of humour known in football, we are hated by the click bait media they have tried everything to get us to implode, we didn't need their help in the eighties, I look at our fans who are the most knowledgeable in the country and yes we love a good self destructive moan it's therapeutic
Great post.

You have to laugh. There's some sweaty little bloke living with his aged mother who cooks all his meals and does his ironing. He's bald but with long greasy hair at the back and sides (Mick Miller style) who assembles clothes line pegs for a living to buy his season ticket. He calls the 'phone-in' (his voice is squeakier than Alan Ball's) to berate his club's manager with 40 years experience in football including 20 years of man-management, tactics and formations that have brought success. But in his own mind, the sweaty little bloke is a football expert who believes it's simply a case of playing this player here and that player there. No sense of how a manager needs to assert himself at a club, command respect, and the direction he'll need to give to world class players.

The man in the street sees it as his birthright to be a football expert. Dig deeper and they haven't even seen the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.