We need mourinho next season.

I think Tevez's return shows that Mancini had assembled a great squad for the start of the season. Subsequent events have thrown spanners into the fine workings of that squad - Tevez fucking off back to Argentina, Yaya's and Kolo's CAN absence (planned I know), and some lousy red card decisions. On the other hand, we've been lucky to have no serious injuries. I'd like Mancini to bring Savic on in a more nurtured way (minor games or when we've got the game won already) or dump him and definitely to dump AJ, who seems greedy and not particularly talented for the team's style of play.

Balotelli is something else though. Three red cards in a season and that occasional bad, indifferent attitude when on the pitch are just not acceptable. I truly hope that Mancini had given Balotelli his final warning and made him aware of the consequences of continued bad attitude BEFORE the start of the Arsenal game. Can Balotelli be trusted beyond the end of the transfer window? I'm not convinced, but only Mancini has the responsibility to make that big decision.

I definitely would keep Mancini if he tells Balotelli to go fuck himself.

the same applied yesterday as it did v west brom in midweek, at least it showed we haven't "lost it" neither has mancini. without balo anywhere near the place we look like a team, with mancini taking the shakles off we look like a team, they all were at it yeasterday and if we carry that on to next season we'll be just fine, regardless of what happens this year.

I have always been, and still am, in favour of change, if it means for the better. Up until very recently Mancini has showed there surely is one or two "better" managers who are more likely to bring us the PL title and Europa success.

These to last games have been very enjoying, but as I have always said I'll wait until the end of the season before I make the final call on Roberto.

A loss against the rags at home and away to Newcastle and I'm pretty sure the tone will be different here on the forum.

It's all about wining you know, not about being likeable.

PS - If Mario walks straight back into our XI after his ban, I'll loose all confidence in Roberto.
With Teves in the hole, we have a perfect attack. The flow, the movement... and that's with a 80% Tevez. Just imagine him at 100%.

So let me get this straight. Mario spends weeks playing with a weakened team, a team missing at various points Kompany, Lescott, Richards, Yaya, Silva and Aguero, against some tough away opponents, in a formation which doesn't suit him at all, and he gets slaughtered for it. In the same period how many was Aguero scoring when he played? Is his return to form purely based on Tevez? I'd argue no because he was in this sort of form earlier in the season when he was playing in a full-strength side which didn't involve Tevez.

That's how you make the comparison. You compare the two men when they're in the same sides playing the same quality opposition in formations which suit the players. However, you'd have thought from the comments on here that Mario was never part of a the City side which ran rampant earlier in the season whilst Tevez sat on the bench, beach or golf course. Some very short memories on Bluemoon.

Anyroad, to sum up my general view. When we've got our full-strength side out, we're an exceptional team that's geared well towards playing tiki-taka. With a few injuries however, the effectiveness diminishes very quickly. A couple of injuries to key players or players essential to making the system work and we look like half the team. Indeed, we did quite often yesterday without Yaya. It was 2-1 and looking shaky until he came on. Our failure so far this season is not changing or adapting well to when that happens or when the opposing defence is having a stormer. Sticking Mario up front with Dzeko unsupported is not any sort of answer. This situation needs to be rectified in summer with some wide forwards who can cross a ball and stretch a defence.

I've got two other gripes as well. Firstly, Joe Hart's distribution. We should always play out from the back. We lose so much possession when he's kicking out. Second is long corners, again, we concede possession too easily. Most of our players who can head a ball are our three main defenders, therefore exposing us to counters, whilst our main attacking threat comes from men who are of shorter stature. That includes Mario who, whilst not short of stature, is more dangerous with the ball at his feet than on his forehead.

waspish said:
dobobobo said:
LoveCity said:
Mourinho prefers creating new legacies than continuing old ones.

True, but if he came to City, he would just be repeating what he did at Chelsea. As much as I hate to say it, there is no one like Ferguson. Thus that would be the legacy, Mourinho takes over at United and continues the success. Mourinho takes over at City and asks for money, he gets the money, wins a few things, and the media et.all all say that he already did that at Chelsea, thus what has he achieved? He has more to prove by going to United than City.

Why would he go to a club with no money?

To prove he doesn't need the money. Ferguson is proving he can get success with little money, thus that is Mourinho's challenge which his be ego can not turn down.

de niro said:
the same applied yesterday as it did v west brom in midweek, at least it showed we haven't "lost it" neither has mancini. without balo anywhere near the place we look like a team, with mancini taking the shakles off we look like a team, they all were at it yeasterday and if we carry that on to next season we'll be just fine, regardless of what happens this year.

Yep. It was refreshing to see players just go out and play football and not players kick posts and arguing, which some seem to think is "passion". Passion my fucking arse, it's cos you can't fucking control yourself Mario.

FantasyIreland said:
My opinion hasn't changed.

Me neither, if we win it brilliant I'll be as happy as the next city fan which is more than I can say for fans like you trying to fight other fans. If we win it it DOES NOT change the fact Mancini has made some Terrible mistakes this season and would be fortunate to win the league if we do. On top of that do you think we would win it without tevez?

No fucking way.

Also since when did peoples opinions change after one game you fucking tools making these threads go and get an education in football. Very frustrating to read these type of threads instead of enjoying the win. Rags In the making our fan base is.

de niro said:

Indeed. You'd hope that Mancini now changes nothing without due cause until the end of the season. His last final test, in my view, is deciding that Balo is now finished for the season. I'd be seriously concerned if I see him anywhere near the Derby. Shame but Mario's got no-one else to blame.

Skashion said:
So let me get this straight. Mario spends weeks playing with a weakened team, a team missing at various points Kompany, Lescott, Richards, Yaya, Silva and Aguero, against some tough away opponents, in a formation which doesn't suit him at all, and he gets slaughtered for it. In the same period how many was Aguero scoring when he played? Is his return to form purely based on Tevez? I'd argue no because he was in this sort of form earlier in the season when he was playing in a full-strength side which didn't involve Tevez.

That's how you make the comparison. You compare the two men when they're in the same sides playing the same quality opposition in formations which suit the players. However, you'd have thought from the comments on here that Mario was never part of a the City side which ran rampant earlier in the season whilst Tevez sat on the bench, beach or golf course. Some very short memories on Bluemoon.

Anyroad, to sum up my general view. When we've got our full-strength side out, we're an exceptional team that's geared well towards playing tiki-taka. With a few injuries however, the effectiveness diminishes very quickly. A couple of injuries to key players or players essential to making the system work and we look like half the team. Indeed, we did quite often yesterday without Yaya. It was 2-1 and looking shaky until he came on. Our failure so far this season is not changing or adapting well to when that happens or when the opposing defence is having a stormer. Sticking Mario up front with Dzeko unsupported is not any sort of answer. This situation needs to be rectified in summer with some wide forwards who can cross a ball and stretch a defence.

I've got two other gripes as well. Firstly, Joe Hart's distribution. We should always play out from the back. We lose so much possession when he's kicking out. Second is long corners, again, we concede possession too easily. Most of our players who can head a ball are our three main defenders, therefore exposing us to counters, whilst our main attacking threat comes from men who are of shorter stature. That includes Mario who, whilst not short of stature, is more dangerous with the ball at his feet than on his forehead.

Agree 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.