We need to talk about David

mammutly said:
David Silva is being closed down everytime he gets the ball. Opposing teams are scared of him. "loss of form" ? My arse.
Since teams are going to do all they can to close him and man mark him best to change tactics in the second half of the season and maybe drop him deeper.

You got your abuse from those who prefer to agree with popular opinion so they get Bluemoon celebrity status.

But you are right, I don't think he's been bad. He's just dropped from say 9/10's to 7's and 8's. I agree, I think he's just worn out, he's barely missed a game all season. The pressure's also grown because the media have finally stood up and recognised what a GEM we have in our ranks. He needs to deal better with it.

I didn't think he was great today. I just think a rest against Sunderland, may help, then maybe bring him in for United etc. Surely this is partly why Nasri was brought in.

Balti said:
FantasyIreland said:
Fanny Fart said:
It was completely unnecessary to play him against Stoke. Why get him involved against Pulis's plodding mules?

After all that spending over the past 2 summers,, and we are still relying heavily on one players creative skills

Too much sherry or a wind up,surely.......

Giddy stuff that sherry. A tad on the bitter side though and don't drink it in massive glasses. Better still add water. A ratio of about 6:1 should do it.

You're so wide of the mark its embarrassing. I've got some big celebrity poster on here who will vouch for my blue credentials

He's having a dip in form, it happens to all players at some point. Others should be stepping up to the plate to help out, namely Samir Nasri for one.

Fanny Fart said:
Anyone else think David's form has completely nose dived over the past 4 games?

His performances of late have been average at best. I know he has played a lot of games this season - maybe he would benefit from an extended break/rest?

Don't get me wrong, I love Mancini and have complete trust in the guy, but I don't like how he over works Silva. He could ruin the boy for the rest of the season if he continues to treat him like a shire horse.

David is in a slump at the moment, I hope he can come through this a better and stronger player

City fans are turning into united fans !!!!
Everything we hated about them Iam seeing city fans start doing the same, it's like they think we have won before we have kicked off, we deserve to win and take the piss
When some team has the grace/power or even luck to get points from us all of a sudden it's blame this or blame that!

Some very fragile like pussys out there, bet they was not around in the 80s

In last few games he is missing what he was doing almost perfectly earlier in the season - the right decisions in final third.. it was not rare to see him recently shooting when it would be better to pass or passing when it would be better to shot or dribble.

Tiredness, better marking or whatever it is but that's visible and it's the fact.

MSP said:
In last few games he is missing what he was doing almost perfectly earlier in the season - the right decisions in final third.. it was not rare to see him recently shooting when it would be better to pass or passing when it would be better to shot or dribble.

Tiredness, better marking or whatever it is but that's visible and it's the fact.

It's mental tiredness he's fit as a fiddle that's why his decision making is slightly off..Saying that I'd start him in every game but take him off after about 60 just to change it up if it's just not happening!!

he's our best player so he's allowed to have an off day thankfully

if he'd have carried on his early season form fucking barca and real would be here in summer with 50 million, this should keep them at bay!

i'm thinking stadium of lights large pitch and the space he gets will be perfect to shut his doubters up!

ole,ole
ole,ole
ole,ole
david silva ole, david silva ole, david silva ole!

waspish said:
MSP said:

It's mental tiredness he's fit as a fiddle that's why his decision making is slightly off..Saying that I'd start him in every game but take him off after about 60 just to change it up if it's just not happening!!

probably, specially since it's this part of the season.. it's not easy for non UK players to get used to play matches in festive period

notts blue said:
he's our best player so he's allowed to have an off day thankfully

if he'd have carried on his early season form fucking barca and real would be here in summer with 50 million, this should keep them at bay!

i'm thinking stadium of lights large pitch and the space he gets will be perfect to shut his doubters up!

ole,ole
ole,ole
ole,ole
david silva ole, david silva ole, david silva ole!

Honestly now, and after a bottle of Jaeger and digestin' some of the bolox av read, u sir have hit it, watch this, zip- 2 if they're luki. Then Rats on the 3rd, at home. Sekkle down peeps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.