Weak in mind, body and soul

Braggster said:
lancs blue said:
The problem I have with this is that Hughes seems intent on recreating the "Blackburn spirit" but I doubt that's enough to get us into the top 6 never mind the top 4. Does he realise that "in yer face" football can only take a club so far, that to progress to the level that the owners want he needs to be able to man-manage the more fragile egos that often go with top-class players?

You think? This is where people go very wrong. All of the top 4 except maybe Arsenal have the "Blackburn spirit" in spades. They probably have more of it than Blackburn, in fact. They also have great quality. That combination is what wins trophies. This is what Hughes is trying to create - you know, skill AND a desire to win.

And to be fair, none of the players who stand accused of being feckless, lazy, incompetent and lacking will to win are what I would call 'top class', so why should he be man-managing their "fragile egos"? City have only 3 top class players at most - Robinho, Ireland and SWP. No difficulties with any of them. No, the real problem is the players in the team who are not top class but act as if they were. (And the dross - TBH, Gelson, Hamann etc)

Spot on, 100%

Braggster said:
lancs blue said:
The problem I have with this is that Hughes seems intent on recreating the "Blackburn spirit" but I doubt that's enough to get us into the top 6 never mind the top 4. Does he realise that "in yer face" football can only take a club so far, that to progress to the level that the owners want he needs to be able to man-manage the more fragile egos that often go with top-class players?

You think? This is where people go very wrong. All of the top 4 except maybe Arsenal have the "Blackburn spirit" in spades. They probably have more of it than Blackburn, in fact. They also have great quality. That combination is what wins trophies. This is what Hughes is trying to create - you know, skill AND a desire to win.

And to be fair, none of the players who stand accused of being feckless, lazy, incompetent and lacking will to win are what I would call 'top class', so why should he be man-managing their "fragile egos"? City have only 3 top class players at most - Robinho, Ireland and SWP. No difficulties with any of them. No, the real problem is the players in the team who are not top class but act as if they were. (And the dross - TBH, Gelson, Hamann etc)

Spot on, 100%

Braggster said:
lancs blue said:

Spot on, 100%

Braggster said:
lancs blue said:

I agree. If the article is right, I support Hughes 110%. Bridge and Parker are two very determined players, and such are needed in a squad.

projectriver said:
This is so obviously true, accurate and leaked. Ladyman has close contacts. Makes you wonder exactly what Hughes would have done had the Arabs not bought the club and given him a way of making the wholesale changes he wants.

I agree, this is leaked and probably from MH's clique. This doesn't instil one iota of confidence in MH at all. He has clearly completely lost the dressing room and should be given the flick. Push the boat out and pouch a manager that can communicate with his players, not alienate them and make them hate you. After getting the players into this state of mind, he doesn't deserve to spend a fucking penny of our money. Not a fucking cent, anywhere else, he would be history by now.

This club is a fucking farce, always has been, and still no matter how much dosh we have, it persists. I am depressed as fuck reading that article.

On Saturday one player, who had played a major part in City's downfall, laughed with a team-mate as he took his post-match shower Who do you think is small in the mens department haha. Serious that is not on!

As for player complaining I would place a wager on castillo.

Hughes is bringing in the Blackburn, tough style to play, and all the other top-4 teams are already using it but in an ever better way as someone said.

He's bringing together a tough team, a top-8 team. Then in the upcoming time, we can put in better players and younger ones through the ranks. Right now, we need to remove all the whiny players and just get the fighting spirit on. I approve of that. And I think that the only reason Sven succeeded last year was because no team outside of top-6 could understand how they would defense against a South-European team, in lack of experience against international club teams. Against a player like Elano. As soon as they used tight marking on him and blocked his passing ways etc, he was f*d. Then came the whine.

I specially like that he's bringing in UK players, major props for that. Garry Cook and Hughes seems to be very good friends, so I doubt it was that rough conversation. He wants new players, simple as that.

ManCityFC said:
projectriver said:
This is so obviously true, accurate and leaked. Ladyman has close contacts. Makes you wonder exactly what Hughes would have done had the Arabs not bought the club and given him a way of making the wholesale changes he wants.

I agree, this is leaked and probably from MH's clique. This doesn't instil one iota of confidence in MH at all. He has clearly completely lost the dressing room and should be given the flick. Push the boat out and pouch a manager that can communicate with his players, not alienate them and make them hate you. After getting the players into this state of mind, he doesn't deserve to spend a fucking penny of our money. Not a fucking cent, anywhere else, he would be history by now.

This club is a fucking farce, always has been, and still no matter how much dosh we have, it persists. I am depressed as fuck reading that article.

According to the papers, Sven was sacked because Thaksin wanted a determined leader. Hughes is turning this squad into something else than Sven had, and the whiny players need to leave.

Do you think Frank Lampard, Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand would whine, stop playing, after loosing a couple of games? No, they would get their shit together and work for the team. Instead we have a bunch of players who doesn't seem to be up for it.
Look at Chelsea. They've had a couple of managers through the years, some allegedly disliked by the squad, but the players still performed. They didn't loose against Championship teams, they didn't even lose against teams outside of the top-6!

I'm not saying our players are as skilled as Chelsea, I'm just saying that while Chelsea lost a game here and there, we're loosing against teams that are clearly inferior to us - like the bottom 3.

mammutly said:
He's bringing together a tough team, a top-8 team.

You have that bit exactly right. That is precisely what he is doing. It is all he knows how to do and it is all we will ever achieve with him in charge.

A top-8 team is points away from being a top-6 team. If we can archieve a top-8 team this season, which I think we can with the strength of this wondow, we're just inches away from top-6. A couple of buys this summer and we should be able to compete with top-4/5.

You expect us to win the Premier League next year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.