Website Design - Help

JuniorBlue

Wonder if anybody could help me out. Looking to get into web design and possibilities of making it proffesional. I've made a website layout and design for school for GCSE. This involved making banners, buttons, headers/banners as images, and then the content was added as text. Is there anyway you could make a website using something like Macromedia Dreamweaver in the similar way and buying a domain and posting it onto a website. Would it involve code in which i have no experience or would it be easy to do off Dreamweaver.

Also, i know of packages from places like PC World where it does it all for you for like £30, you get the domain and everything. Can you use this package to upload all images made like banners, buttons, banners and link them using similar software and adding content such as images and content.

To add, i'm 16 and have no intention of doing this as a full-time career, but i can do alot of graphics designing and i feel this is a way of using my skills for good use as for the last year, i've voluntarily made banners, signatures, wallpapers for websites, and i'm sure with a bit of help and guidance i can get into web design.

Cheers, any help appreciated. Adam

Dreamweaver would be the easiest way of sticking images onto a webpage, generating the HTML etc. and stuff. You could download it from a torrent easy enough.

50webs.com do completely free hosting, I think brinkster.com do

You can buy a domain from UKReg (I found them to be the cheapest) for under a tenner.

So really you could get going for under a tenner.

Cheers, for that. So if i designed it all say on Dreamweaver, bought the domain, would it be complicated in getting it from my pc, to the world wide web?

Not really no. Haven't used dreamweaver for years, but I think it generates the HTML files that you just need to upload via some FTP (again, you can get it for free).

If that doesn't make much sense, then get a book like 'Websites for dummies' or something, because they'll give you the whole range of topics you need to get the grips with before you start uploading stuff etc. Or have a decent play around on google and don't be afraid to go on websites that explain all things like that really, really simply, just so you can get your head around it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.