Weird Smells you love.

It is true that smells can take you back in time in a way that nothing else does.
I grew up in Cadishead and my bedroom faced out onto Chat Moss where pretty much all they grew was Celery, and I still love that smell.
Similarly, there was a Tar factory in Cadishead and I love the smell of tar too. Oh, and coal fires. I go to a Chippy in St Asaph on a Wednesday nigh between 2 games of walking football and someone in the street where I park always has a coal fire going. Wonderful smell that.
The only other one is Briwax. I had a small Antiques business many years ago and restored furniture as part of that. Sometimes when I go out to my shed I will open the tin of Briwax just for a quick sniff ( yes I do put the lid back on before I pass out ! )

It is true that smells can take you back in time in a way that nothing else does.
I grew up in Cadishead and my bedroom faced out onto Chat Moss where pretty much all they grew was Celery, and I still love that smell.
Similarly, there was a Tar factory in Cadishead and I love the smell of tar too. Oh, and coal fires. I go to a Chippy in St Asaph on a Wednesday nigh between 2 games of walking football and someone in the street where I park always has a coal fire going. Wonderful smell that.
The only other one is Briwax. I had a small Antiques business many years ago and restored furniture as part of that. Sometimes when I go out to my shed I will open the tin of Briwax just for a quick sniff ( yes I do put the lid back on before I pass out ! )
I do a bit of furniture restoration & Liberon black bison (dark oak) is my tin of choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.