Welbeck vs Balotelli

Although I agree that Balo clearly has the greater residual talent and technique, which for me makes him the better player, I actually think Welbeck is a very good prospect.

He probably wont break records but he could be the kind to regularly bang in goals for them if he achieves his potential. He's not quite there yet but I reckon he reminds me a bit of Paolo Wanchope.

If wellbeck wasn't at united no one would even discuss him. The guy isn't fit to lace marios boots.

hecandothatfromrange said:
nashark said:
I've played with and against Welbeck and obviously at that level, he was a monster purely because of his athleticism. At this level, along with Balotelli, they're both pretty ordinary.

Balotelli has Welbeck's athleticism but when he cuts in on his right, Balotelli has one of the best shots in the game. Other than that, if you consider the importance of first touch and being able to pass, that's not enough - they're both substandard. They obviously have a certain bit of talent, but the game's no longer about athlete's. You can cheat the stats for a while, but you'll eventually get found out. Balotelli's lucky he has somebody who has a lot of faith in him in Mancini. I don't think many other top level managers would want anything to do with him.

What Welbeck has over Balotelli is reliability, work-rate and probably intelligence (though by no means is he a clever player), all drummed into him from being brought up in England.

Welbeck's more of a man as well, but Balotelli is more talented.

Nah, sorry but you're wrong. Balotelli's an intelligent player. Certainly considerably more intelligent than most strikers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his 'media eccentricity' was all fabricated. His talent has been cited by the most revered of football statesmen, Mourinho, Mancini, Fergie etc..... You obviously know more than them.

PMSL.

Nashark is not even worth responding to.

Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm --<br /><br />Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects

Blue Hefner said:
Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects

-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm --

Welbeck will score a few tap ins for United over the next season or so and then get a transefer(with inflation due to his United association) and then fall, pretty quickly down the league ala Greening, Richardson and most of United's other 'top' prospects
Come again!

;-)

bondsman said:
If wellbeck wasn't at united no one would even discuss him. The guy isn't fit to lace marios boots.

you could also add jones,cleverly,young,smalling etc to this , as soon as they pull on rag shirt , they automatically get an england cap , its absolute bollocks driven by ex rag players in the media , england will win f*ck all if we have to depend on overrated and unproven players like these.

Blue Hefner said:

-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 pm --

I heard you the first time :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.