Welcome Bernardo Silva

Bernardo Silva welcome to Manchester City!! Looks a very exciting talent. Really like the invention and audacity he shows to try things. Will be a bit weird having two Silvas now but I'm sure Bernardo will learn a lot from David.

Those were the days when brewers didn't have to disclose the alcohol content of their beer. Turns out Red Barrel was only a few degrees above the level where it could have been sold through supermarkets (Yes then beer wasn't available in Tesco etc). Amazing thing was some did manage to get pissed on it. Proving the placebo effect.
At that time I think brewers were required to display the beer's 'o.g.', which stood for 'original gravity', the system of duty calculation that had been in situ for many years. I think when the duty calculation changed so it was based on 'a.b.v' (alcohol by volume) that the display of that figure on the product and its merchandise became mandatory.

The o.g. didn't always correlate with the final strength of the beer btw for reason which I was never bothered enough to ask.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.