Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else find it borderline disrespectful that the BBC are giving this Madrid bollocks quite serious coverage — for something that may (but I believe will not) happen two years up the road, when he's only just arrived at our place? Or am I being over-sensitive about it?
I don't recollect seeing anything vaguely like that before, especially not concerning a foreign club. It almost looks as though the BBC is saying, oh yeah, he'll be moving on to a genuine ‘big’ club soon. My paranoia?

Anybody else find it borderline disrespectful that the BBC are giving this Madrid bollocks quite serious coverage — for something that may (but I believe will not) happen two years up the road, when he's only just arrived at our place? Or am I being over-sensitive about it?
I don't recollect seeing anything vaguely like that before, especially not concerning a foreign club. It almost looks as though the BBC is saying, oh yeah, he'll be moving on to a genuine ‘big’ club soon. My paranoia?
There's no confirmation there is a release clause is there, let alone when and how (an amount or change in circumstances) it is triggered?

You are being over sensitive, yes. When Arsenal were at the peak of their powers this was the same thing every season for about 5 years with Vieira. Likewise United with Ronaldo, though for a shorter period. PSG have just faced the same with Mbappe and won.

It's the way Madrid operate but don't shoot the messenger. You can hardly expect them to just say "we won't report that on point of principle".

Yep, we really have fucked this one up haven’t we?
And here we all were thinking we’ve signed the most sought after young striker on the planet.
Thanks for pointing out what a bunch of idiots we now have running our club. Typical City.
I remember feeling much the same way after City paid big money to sign Raheem Sterling from Liverpool only to find out that they had a much better player -Jordan Ibe - ready and waiting to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.