Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones has started 79/120 games in 6 seasons in the league, mean average of 20 games a season, 13 as a starter

I love John, i think his resurgence has been commendable but we should be exploring other avenues for me, he simply isn't reliable in terms of fitness.The new contract until 2026 was surely to protect the investment, with a resale value to boot, however i personally think Pep will be looking a this over the next couple of windows...

As for the notion he will play 2 up top, not happening, we know Pep is, and always will be midfield heavy, the secret weapon will be the number of assists Haaland will actually generate, expect Foden and Bernardo to pack big numbers playing off him!

It's not fitness that has been the biggest issue this season, it's been Pep not wanting to play 4 right footed players in the backline which means either Dias or Stones drop out.

It's not fitness that has been the issue this season, it's been Pep not wanting to play 4 right footed players in the backline which means either Dias or Stones drop out.
Not at all, he was running on fumes coming into the start of the season, by his own admission and Pep, this presented the opportunity for Laporte and it stuck. He hasn't looked half the player of last season for one reason or another when starting. 6 years is a long experiment when looking at those numbers, with doubts also attached to laporte long term also!

He‘s that fast and powerful he could start his runs when KdB slides one through to him while chatting shite with Eddie.
Could do...but im not entirely convinced Pep likes the way a typical CF plays. He has a passion for his team re cycling the ball. Probing..finding gaps then a killer pass..a CF will close that space as naturally there will not be that re cycling and movement of the opposition. He may be amazing, time will tell BUT careful what we wish for..fundamentally changing our style of play..we will lose one of our in the hole players as Haaland will be a CF and play traditionally. I still think 3 years of Kane may have been a better bet. Not being a kiljoy, just wary. A whole new style of play from the team may be needed. Hopefully im being too concerned

Stones has started 79/120 games in 6 seasons in the league, mean average of 20 games a season, 13 as a starter

I love John, i think his resurgence has been commendable but we should be exploring other avenues for me, he simply isn't reliable in terms of fitness.The new contract until 2026 was surely to protect the investment, with a resale value to boot, however i personally think Pep will be looking a this over the next couple of windows...

As for the notion he will play 2 up top, not happening, we know Pep is, and always will be midfield heavy, the secret weapon will be the number of assists Haaland will actually generate, expect Foden and Bernardo to pack big numbers playing off him!
I dunno about that... Many times this season we seem to morph into a 4-2-4/4-2-1-3 formation with KDB going up front to support Foden & the full backs pushing right up or coming inside.

In matches where we're facing an 10-man defence, I suppose it makes sense.

On another note, it baffled me why Zinchenko & Cancelo lobbed high balls into Newcastle's area in the general direction of Sterling. OK he scored one header, but lightening is unlikely to strike twice in the same match.

Hopefully the Viking will give us the additional aerial option we've been missing.

Not at all, he was running on fumes coming into the start of the season, by his own admission and Pep, this presented the opportunity for Laporte and it stuck. He hasn't looked half the player of last season for one reason or another when starting. 6 years is a long experiment when looking at those numbers, with doubts also attached to laporte long term also!

He needed a rest like all the England players got post-Euros but Guardiola literally said outright in a press conference he wasn't going to play all right footers again, which means as long as Cancelo is our LB, Stones and Dias aren't going to be on the pitch together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.