Welders Flash (not slang or Euphemism)

talkativesprout

Whilst having some welding done yesterday, I helps the lad by holding parts together whilst he tacks up. I look away whilst he strikes up but as I turns round he strikes up again and i get the yellow splodge and think nothing of it.

4am today, I feels the familiar rumble of left over Madras from the night before in my bowels and jumps out of bed to avoid an emergency landing on the sheets. Turns the bog light on and FUCK ME someones only gone and left acid and glass under my eyelids in the night. So i am having both symptoms of having a butt plug violently inserted in my tradesmans, arse on fire with eyes streaming and almost blind in panic and reality. Now by 7:30 my eyes are mildly uncomfortable. Is it normal that after 3 1/2 hours the pain of intensity that i was considering the hospital, subsides, or is this fucker going to come back later?

I had heard of welders flash before but just thought it was when you could not see properly for a bit after a bright light in the eye,it was horrid.

Carstairs said:
You're fucked mate, probably already blind by now.

Oh shit, may as well give away my season ticket then. You interested?<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 am --<br /><br />
Dirty Harry said:
It's a horrible thing bud, like sand paper on your eyeballs.

Scared the shit out of me... literally

I got welders flash (or arc eye if you like) when i dropped an earth cable on a live busbar. Infinti amps to earth a big blue flash and wanting to cut my eyes out for the next 24hrs

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I got welders flash (or arc eye if you like) when i dropped an earth cable on a live busbar. Infinti amps to earth a big blue flash and wanting to cut my eyes out for the next 24hrs

I shall count myself lucky then it was only a few hours. I for one did not realise they gave off so much U.V that you could sunburn a cornea with less than a seconds exposure.

Tuearts right boot said:
Yep...arc eye.It'll hurt like fuck for a good few days and will ease of in about 2 weeks.It's quite painfull so bear with it,rub your eyes with your elbow...as me mam says

Pour milk in your eyes was what they told me

"Im not fucking pouring milk in my eyes"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.