Well done Aleks...

Think the OP might have been watching in pub, everything looks better with a few Stella's,
Admittedly the last ditch tackle towards the end was good but people would have been booing him again if he gave a penalty

toffee balls said:
Started this thread yesterday , buggered off making me tea for 1/2hour and it had gone but will try once more :

I was one of a number of posters calling for Kolarov to replace Clichy for the Hull game.

Well done Pelli for doing it.

As far as I am concerned he was given his chance and he took it.

He made 2 great last ditch tackles yesterday , kept the line well , concentrated for 90 minutes.

His left foot is a good weapon and his height ( especially at this time) is useful in both boxes.

Hopefully Micah will be back to compete with Zab man.

Aleks now has the shirt for me , up to Clichy to win it back when he gets the chance.

Silva , Zabba , Aguero .... Watch your step boys

I thought Zabba was getting back to his best yesterday. In Kompany's absence would prefer him to be captain over Yaya. If Navas had made that incisive cross for Negredo we would be creaming ourselves about his talent !! Kolorov last ditch tackles were impressive defensive contributions but he was caught out of position too many times.
Don't see Yaya or Fernando ( even though Abba rave about him) as effective playing as defensive midfielders and think we need Milner/ Barry alongside to mop up. Hart looked more confident, Nasty looked rusty and Lescott struggles to use his right foot even for standing on!

Hull were unlucky not to get the draw and just like last season we are struggling to deal with the bottom half sides.
Hope Jovetic and Negredo start next time out.
CTID

elano said:
Think the OP might have been watching in pub, everything looks better with a few Stella's,
Admittedly the last ditch tackle towards the end was good but people would have been booing him again if he gave a penalty

But he didn't.

I too thought he had a good game. Nothing spectacular, but then, none of them was very good.

Maybe a change of manager will be of benefit to Kolarov.

But I'm not sure about the OP's assertion that Clichy hasn't been very good for a while; he's a very consistent performer, IMHO.

Played well.

I fuckin hated, and am getting quite frankly sick of the directed abuse at him, when he turned inside when passed it backwards yesterday and it was met with huge groans and moaning (yet he kept the ball blue!) and in the same passage of play Silva passed it straight to the Hull player and nobody moaned at him at all.

The untouchables are untouchable with our support. Anyone like Kolarov is treated like a cünt.

Everyone should receive the same level of full support. The lad did better than Clichy did at Cardiff and I normally say Clichy is our most consistent player.

I thought he played well yesterday even putting his head very nearly into some studs on the halfway line in front of the east stand. He was out of position a few times but the again, who wasn't yesterday. I think slagging off kolarov has just become habit for some without really having anything to base it on.

elano said:
kiam06 said:
Got to be a wind up this one.

Kolorov was constantly out of position yesterday and misplaced about 80% of his passes Clichy is on another planet.

This

That,

Makes one good challenge and suddenly everyone thinks he's had a good game.

The guy next to me hates AK with a passion. Told him yesterday that all the emails he had 'sent' decrying our Serbian had worked and he was in the starting eleven! And when that header by the post nearly went in . . . . . . . . . .

If Kolarov gets his defending sorted out per game I don't have a problem with either Clichy or Kolarov. They are both good players. Different, but international players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.