Well done boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It was an emotional day, but also one of relief because my duty, even though not my future, was to finish with this team in qualifying for the next Champions League,” he said. Fair enough. For me, I'll remember him as bit limited tactically and loyal to a fault to his senior players ... but he seems a decent man who obviously holds our club in great affection. Had he missed out on Champions League, his tenure would undoubtedly have been tarnished but as it is, he probably leaves with more of us will wishing him well rather than wishing him ill.

as time goes by the memories will fog, and im sure he will be thought of very fondly by our support. he deserves to be, he did just enough to qualify as decent manger and a very decent man.

Deserves credit for the organisation of the back 4. Our back 4 catches so many teams offside and very rarely does anybody get caught out of position when we play the offside. That must come from a lot of hard work on the training pitch. Only one game I remember where our offside trap fell to pieces and that was Chelsea Away in FA Cup when we played a much changed team.

Our training pitch must be like brand new, because there's little evidence that our players have used it.

So nondescript that everyone, except you, just forgot him.

Whole host of managers have been worse than Pellegrini.
There have been two groups of players who simply should never have been relegated based on their overall quality: '83 and '96. The feeble capitation of the former, from a position of relative comfort in the winter of 1983, elevates it to the more egregious of the two imo.

as time goes by the memories will fog, and im sure he will be thought of very fondly by our support. he deserves to be, he did just enough to qualify as decent manger and a very decent man.

I don't think anyone wishes him ill. Those of us who don't rate him are just grateful to see the back him, can't say I'll remember him all that fondly, to be honest.

Nice man but ultimately not good enough. Glad to see the back of him but wish him all the best going forward and big thanks for that first season, it was brilliant.

It's kinda moot though isn't it because Pellers came in knowing that he was only keeping the seat warm for Pep and he had a maximum 3 years at the club. I don't think we could've gotten Ancelotti that summer on that basis. Plus whether we like it or not Madrid would've been a bigger draw for him (which is where he went that summer).

Did he know he was keeping the seat warm or did it dawn on him as time went by. Did Pep say he would come to City three years ago? I doubt it.
Pellers says he does not need to speak to Pep as Pep 'has friends here already'.

Reeks to me of back stabbing. I think Pellers has done very well all things considered I.e. under performing players, Yaya and agent, important injuries, Pep announcement.He has not appeared to let any of this bother him, on the outside anyway.

I wish him well and hope he has success in the future.

Did he know he was keeping the seat warm or did it dawn on him as time went by. Did Pep say he would come to City three years ago? I doubt it.
Pellers says he does not need to speak to Pep as Pep 'has friends here already'.

Reeks to me of back stabbing. I think Pellers has done very well all things considered I.e. under performing players, Yaya and agent, important injuries, Pep announcement.He has not appeared to let any of this bother him, on the outside anyway.

I wish him well and hope he has success in the future.

Pelligrini said things happened in February that upset a lot of people, or something along those lines.

The reality is simple. Since day one of Tkixi and Ferran arriving there has been one clear aim. His name is Pep Guardiola. It made the job for both Mancini and Pelligrini almost impossible. It's now mission accomplished and they have their man so let's see how it rolls.

I still stand by my assertion that Pelligrini is a poor manager, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.