Well done Wigan

Their team deserved to win and the fans are experiencing what we had 2 years ago and fair dues to them.

I am disgusted with our performance but at least we are losing to a team I don't dislike.

As the match discussion thread is locked I thought I would put my comments in here. From what I have seen and heard we did not do enough to win, so well done Wigan. What I wanted to comment on was the number of us who ended up either struggling to get into the stadium or being made to cover our colours to sit in small pockets of city supports in the section next to the half way divide. The way the FA handles segregation of fans at this event is a joke. Why is the strict segregation of fans not publicised so that at least holders of Wigan end tickets would understand the hassle they were letting themselves in for. Me and the missus spent an hour arguing to get in. (coats inside out and scarfs in pockets etc) then moved to the opposite side of the ground. Finally watch 30 mins of the first half, surrounded by Wigan supporters. Had yet another 15 minutes discussion about moving into empty seats in City sections, but refused - someone might turn up late!!. In the end went to the pub to watch what ended up as the final ten dismal minutes. Never again!! - I will always support city as I always have - but only home games from now on. I am writing to the FA, the clubs, papers, to get the segregation issue publicised better (no point even trying to get them to split things better!) Anyone interested in helping there is a customer complaints address on the FA website. Please help stop this fiasco in the future. Sorry about the rant!!

kippax1958g said:
As the match discussion thread is locked I thought I would put my comments in here. From what I have seen and heard we did not do enough to win, so well done Wigan. What I wanted to comment on was the number of us who ended up either struggling to get into the stadium or being made to cover our colours to sit in small pockets of city supports in the section next to the half way divide. The way the FA handles segregation of fans at this event is a joke. Why is the strict segregation of fans not publicised so that at least holders of Wigan end tickets would understand the hassle they were letting themselves in for. Me and the missus spent an hour arguing to get in. (coats inside out and scarfs in pockets etc) then moved to the opposite side of the ground. Finally watch 30 mins of the first half, surrounded by Wigan supporters. Had yet another 15 minutes discussion about moving into empty seats in City sections, but refused - someone might turn up late!!. In the end went to the pub to watch what ended up as the final ten dismal minutes. Never again!! - I will always support city as I always have - but only home games from now on. I am writing to the FA, the clubs, papers, to get the segregation issue publicised better (no point even trying to get them to split things better!) Anyone interested in helping there is a customer complaints address on the FA website. Please help stop this fiasco in the future. Sorry about the rant!!

Ah, kippax1958g, you clearly aren't one of the FArce's football family. Were you so fortunate nothing would have been an ounce of trouble but, just like the rest of us, yer spend yer 'hard-earned', the FArce are happy to snatch yer hand off, and then treat yer like yer've got bubonic plague!

The FArce are just the English equivalent of Platini and Blatter!

Was talking to a Sheffield Utd fan on the train on the way home. He had been thrown out by the police because he was in a "designated Wigan seat". His crime was having the audacity to stand up when Tevez nearly scored. He was truly a neutral and yet was still treated like vermin. He said even when he showed them his season ticket they said he should not be in that area and he was shown the door.

Agreed - most City fans like Wigan - friendly folk and a footballing team.
For me it was an accumulation of errors starting with the manager leaving Panti out - that really pissed me off - he was like a lucky charm and Joe had the bad back the game before. Then no Milner and then no action to quell espinosa. But their makeshift back four should have been put under pressure with the first sub - Dzeko for Barry not Teves off - he is world class having a good game and looking the most likely.
In saying that if the Teves strike goes in we probably would have overhwelmed Wigan for half an hour. Back to the errors giving the ball away - even Yaya did it once, lumping it into touch or back to them - Joe put at least 2 straight out for a throw and then Gareth makes a really bad mistake and Zabba (beyond reproach I know) runs back towards the attacker when all he had to do was track the run and a mistimed tackle. We defended so well against a very determined and effective Wigan attack so to be undone with a corner: well shot with our own gun there - we did it to United last year. But Wigan well done. Bring on pellegrini - isn't that a bottle of mineral water?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.