Well said Ceferin

oakiecokie

Uefa will not be told "what to do" after criticism over Kylian Mbappe's contract extension at Paris St-Germain, says its president Aleksander Ceferin.

French striker Mbappe signed a lucrative new deal at PSG having been strongly linked with Real Madrid.
After the 23-year-old decided to stay, La Liga called the French club's contract offer "scandalous".

Ceferin told BBC Sport that Uefa has "financial fair play rules which are quite strict".

"Whoever will respect our rules is welcome to play in our competitions; who will not respect the rules will not," Ceferin said.

"Look not Real Madrid or anyone else will tell Uefa what to do. They are outraged from one point of view and, as much as I know, their offer was similar to [PSG's] offer."

Uefa's financial fair play rules are designed to prevent club expenditure exceeding income by more than a set amount over each three-year assessment period.

Javier Tebas, president of Spain's La Liga, has described PSG's contract offer to Mbappe as an "insult to football" and tweeted figures pointing to the club's financial losses.

PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investments, a subsidiary of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the state-run sovereign-wealth fund in Qatar.

Ceferin, president of European football's governing body since 2016, says he is "tired" of complaints about the sport's willingness to allow state-run clubs.

"I've said that many times and I will say it again, tell me one argument why they shouldn't be the owners of a club," Ceferin said.

"If you say that clubs belong to the fans, don't you think that the other English clubs have owners - they have owners from the United States, some from the Middle East, they have owners from England. So it's exactly the same situation and I'm really tired of these accusations without any concrete grounds.

"I want to know who broke the rules and if you break the rules then you will be punished."

Well, well, well can`t we just see who`s doing all the shite stirring over the past few years !!
If ever we wanted proof here it is.

Well said Ceferin,

Last edited:
Yep, well said.
I like this bit:
"Look not Real Madrid or anyone else will tell Uefa what to do. They are outraged from one point of view and, as much as I know, their offer was similar to [PSG's] offer."

So Real Outraged at the deal PSG did but were ready to make the same sort of offer themselves. Sums them up.
Guess they would have sold a potted plant for 300 million to the Government to help pay for it like the dodgy deal with the sale of their training ground

Why is there a question to answer from Uefa ? Nothing to do with them and PSG have the right to offer him a new contract, it's up to him to take it or not and fuck all to do with Uefa or Real Madrid

we all know the real reason, and it's simple Spanish football and the big 2 have no money to spend like the others
20 years of outbidding everybody with wages and transfer fees has caught up with them ? And now have to deal in free transfers or players out of contracts or long term payments and instalments

Do we still need to boo ?
Of course, Cerefin has always been ok with us City but there’s still plenty of rats behind the scenes at UEFA. Just goes to show the people running our club are very smart. They never went to war with UEFA back in 2014 after the FFP breach settlement as they knew in the long run it’s best if we kept our heads down. Khaldoon and Soriano will have plenty of allies within UEFA now. Cerefin coming out with statements like this reassures my belief that the club have always done the right thing to not have gone out all guns blazing against them.

If the club were in the hands of City fans, Platini and UEFA officials would have had winston churchill bronze statues and indoor swimming pool salesman’s at their door.

Last edited:
I love Cerfin
excite.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.