Wembley 1999 Play-off final ticket question

Raffles

I've just been looking through some old programmes and stubs from times gone by (Bury, Swindon, Grimsby, Halifax etc.) and came across my ticket stub from the 1999 play-off final against Gillingham.

Then I noticed something rather strange. It says "Wigan Athletic / Manchester C". Now I may be old, but didn't we beat Wigan at MR in the semi (which got us to Wembley in the first place)?

If anyone has their stub still - can you check what it says on yours please? I am wondering if I got in with a 'fake'.

Really? I never realised that. So it actually means "Wigan OR Man City" then. you've just taught me something. Thank you.

The tickets were printed before the play off semi finals - they were on sale a few days after the tie was played, so couldnt have been printed in time after the 2nd leg was played and delivered with enough time to sell.
Gillingham's tickets would have said 'Gillingham / Bournemouth' on them for their end of the ground.

top night beating wigan, loads on the pitch i was at the top of kippax having a doo, waqnted to jump down onto pitch, top scenes

As a side note, and because I can't for the life of me see how to post a new thread, has anybody got any pics from the 99 playoff final? I'm writing an article about it and have been told I need to source my own pictures for the piece. Any help would be fantastic. Cheers.

Onlooker said:
As a side note, and because I can't for the life of me see how to post a new thread, has anybody got any pics from the 99 playoff final? I'm writing an article about it and have been told I need to source my own pictures for the piece. Any help would be fantastic. Cheers.

You can't make a new thread on here until you have sent 100 posts - keeps the vermin at bay

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Onlooker said:

You can't make a new thread on here until you have sent 100 posts - keeps the vermin at bay

Ah right cheers, makes sense

The other end had preston v gillingham on them, there were mistakes.

Onlooker said:

I have (through a City contact) a batch of negatives from the '99 Play Off Final. Depending on what you're after, PM us if you want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.