Wembley Thread (merged)

Re: Which london pub are we turning blue then?

Just to answer a few questions I've had and save myself repeating:

* There will also be portaloos outside in the beer garden on the day

* Both the Jubilee (Grey/Silver) and Metropolitan (Maroon) lines go to Wembley Park station (which is also step-free for disabled fans) from Euston. From Wembley Park station exit on concourse level to street (Don't go down the steps which is a different exit). On exit to street turn right and walk straight down the main road for approx 15 mins. The Wembley Plaza hotel should be on the left side of the street and Dagmar Road is facing it. Slog it up the hill for a well deserved pint with other City fans at the top

* Don't buy food in the stadium, firstly it's crap and secondly it's expensive (£8 for burger and chips!). There are plenty of fast-food outlets on the main street including a McDonalds.

* If you're going by car and need a car parking space you can book one on http://www.gotocsp.com although it is £28 for the day or £18 if you are a blue badge holder, but the car park is supervised at all times and secure.

A-M

moorsideblue said:
AM-FSF Blue said:
'Tis me who has arranged it. ;-)

As some have already mentioned The Torch will be a designated rag pub for the day as it is on the side they are located and the Green Man and St Joseph's Social Club have been designated City pubs.

The Green Man has a huge beer garden and if it is raining marquees will be erected. On the day there will be a barbeque and other food available outside as well as portable bars, so saves you having to queue up and struggle through the crowd inside the pub for a drink! There's also plenty of space for hanging flags outside.

Entry is by showing your match ticket and coaches of 35 seats or over park for free - although there are limited spaces and you have to come through me to book a space. Please don't ring the pub as the staff will only give you my number! There is a charge for minibus's.

There are accessible toilets in the pub but from experience at England games at Wembley, the bar gets so packed that they are actually rather difficult to get to if you are in a wheelchair!

The pub is at the top of (a very steep) Wembley Hill (Dagmar Road). For those walking it, head to the Wembley Plaza Hotel and Dagmar Road is facing it. The pub is literally a five minute walk from the end of Wembley we've been located.

If you require any further info, just drop me a pm and I'll get back to you ASAP.

cheers blue top info :)

-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 am --

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYNIdno5C8[/youtube]

LOOKS A QUALITY PUB!!!

Just looks like a marquee to me ;)

Looks brilliant, will be there (if get tickets of course).

How many can it hold?

Not sure, it is a very big traditional style pub, similar to the one blues always meet in outside Ewood Park, the big plus is that it has a massive grassed outside area which they set up bars and toilets in as well. I have been many times for the Rugby League finals, it should be a great atmosphere with City fans there.

Confirmed travel details for our coaches:

We will have a Warrington/Runcorn pick up at 8am providing there is enough interest for a pick up there. These pick up points will be from Runcorn (exact location to be confirmed) and Lymm M6 services.

The other pick up point will be at Eastlands at 8.45.

There are two fare options, £30 return travel or £35 return travel plus entrance in to a private club which is two stops away from Wembley (Dollis Hill Tube) and resrved for City fans only.

The club, will offer cheap ale (for London prices!!) and quite basically a party atmosphere without a single red in sight ! It is certainly well worth considering the club option as its extremely difficult to get a drink anywhere near Wembley.

All passengers will then be brought back directly from Wembley.

To book your seats on the coach you need to confirm a lead name for the booking, the number of seats you require and your required pick up point.

Finally, payments can be made in three ways, by paypal, direct in to any Nat West Branch or by phone with a debit/credit card.

Bookings can be made from 10am tomo morning by messaging me on here or by contacting me on 07810 560 216.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks Paul

CAR PARK IS NOW FULL
Everyone who has emailed me to book a space for a coach at the Green Man should by now have had a reply confirming your booking.

Thanks
Anne-Marie

The Black Lion in Kilburn, there will be 4 Blues in there cause thats where we are staying,
£40 each.

BlueT said:
The Black Lion in Kilburn, there will be 4 Blues in there cause thats where we are staying,
£40 each.

Good choice the Kilburn High Road, i'll be either in there with a few mates or the North London Tavern, which is on the other side of the road but nearer the tube station.

I've lived in this area for years, there will be loads of united in those pubs as well. Sometimes it seems that one set of fans colonises West Hampstead (which has less boozers). Another set colonise the Kilburn Hostels, generally i've noticed united in Kilburn, but also seen CFC in large numbers there when they have played united. Loads more pubs around Willesden Green tube too

It's a much better option of having a few beers than in the boozers nearer to Wembley, but they are all still rammed

blueballoon said:
BlueT said:
£40 each.

Good choice the Kilburn High Road, i'll be either in there with a few mates or the North London Tavern, which is on the other side of the road but nearer the tube station.

I've lived in this area for years, there will be loads of united in those pubs as well. Sometimes it seems that one set of fans colonises West Hampstead (which has less boozers). Another set colonise the Kilburn Hostels, generally i've noticed united in Kilburn, but also seen CFC in large numbers there when they have played united. Loads more pubs around Willesden Green tube too

It's a much better option of having a few beers than in the boozers nearer to Wembley, but they are all still rammed

Thanks for the info fella, hopefully we can takeover one of the pubs around there.

chaps,

Chelsea fan here who reads this board occasionally.

We often have the Green Man at Wembley as well - while it is very big, the place always, always sells out of beer early on. Also, they never have enough staff for the size of the pub, so it can easily take 30 mins + to get a drink.

They are however pretty relaxed about you taking tins into the garden when the queues get too long. There's an off licence just round the corner from the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.