Wembley

Dubai Blue said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Dubai Blue said:
r.soleofsalford said:
its wrong and anybody that doesn`t realise that is a twat
And saying things like that really persuades me to come round to your way of thinking.

Are you seriously suggesting that a national stadium in the West Midlands would have any less sponsors' tickets? If you are, I think you need to step outside for a spot of fresh air.

yes i do think there would be less of the prawn sandwich brigade if the final was held in the west midlands which would hopefully leave more tickets for the genuine fans
Well, I'm afraid you're wrong, but I won't resort to calling you a twat!

when i come to dubai you can buy me lots of beer and ill forgive you, lol

mcfcmatt said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
A shitty place in London that we're never going to see... (and it really is in a shit area of London too...)

Why are we not going to see it? And what makes a Kangaroo such an expert on the area? If you go to Wembley you go to watch the game, not try go on the pull with the local aussie fat birds at the walkabout.

Hehe the irony of it. This no nothing kangaroo knows a city song that you don't!

bluejase said:
mcfcmatt said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
A shitty place in London that we're never going to see... (and it really is in a shit area of London too...)

Why are we not going to see it? And what makes a Kangaroo such an expert on the area? If you go to Wembley you go to watch the game, not try go on the pull with the local aussie fat birds at the walkabout.

Hehe the irony of it. This no nothing kangaroo knows a city song that you don't!
;-)

Dubai Blue said:
bluemoon32 said:
Dubai Blue said:
I've never understood why people complain about the national stadium. Visits to Wembley are rare and, as such, should stand out in your memory as special occasions.

I'd much rather spend two days on the piss in London before a Cup Final than just drive an hour down the motorway to some hellhole bit of wasteland in Birmingham on the morning of the game.

Just as bad as a hellhole bit of wasteland in London .
No it isn't.

Whilst Wembley itself isn't a particularly nice place, it is in one of the world's great cities. Going to Birmingham or Coventry just wouldn't be special. Imagine being a foreign fan and having to go to the outskirts of Coventry to watch your team in the Champions League final. It'd be a national embarrassment.

bolloxs, I live not too far from coventry and allow me to enlighten you, the city itself though small is far from being as bad as shitholes like, say , liverpool, notts, sheffield, stoke, I could go on. the national stadium should be near the nec, easy to get to by road, has rail link and an airport within walking distance.

we;re on the march with hughes;s army,we;re all going to Birmingham---No wembley it has to be---just wish the powers that be had rounded it up to 100,000 capacity....

Sorry but for me i want to see MCFC win the FA cup in the headquarters of the FA, not in some new town like MK or its ilk, history heritage and ambition mean a lot to most football supporters.

(that said Istanbul seems like agod place to quench a long held thirst)

r.soleofsalford said:
would i try to upset you after you gave me the gen on dubai i think not.

the twat thing was tongue in cheek that why i put (imo ;-))
I know it was. I just fancied a bit of an argument ;-) No offence taken.

We'll just have to agree to disagree though. And that goes for Jules as well. When it comes to a one-off occasion like a cup final, I really couldn't give a shit about how difficult the stadium is to get to. And no matter how nice Coventry might be, it's never going to be as good as London for visiting supporters. Would I rather watch City win a cup in an NEC car park or at the historical home of English football? It's not even a close call for me; it'd be Wembley every time.

And an England World Cup bid with the final being held outside of London wouldn't have even got off the ground. That will have played a major part in the decision.

New Wembley's shit IMO. Prefer the old one with the 2 towers. Real traditional English ground. The new one just doesn't do anything for me.

Id much rather stick with the tradition and history of Wembley even if it is a new Wembley, i don't think any other stadium can bring out such emotions for me personally. getting off the tube the first sight of Wembley and the walk up Wembley way makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Maybe Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium will come a close second !!!

n_mcfc said:
New Wembley's shit IMO. Prefer the old one with the 2 towers. Real traditional English ground. The new one just doesn't do anything for me.

Traditional English ground?
Like where?
maine road?
highbury?
Roker park?
all closed as not fit for purpose any more.
annfaild
badison?
lets build elsewhere...why?

ragworld
sid james park
passion commitment belief sold out to $

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.