Wenger,an absolute disgrace

Paulpowersleftfoot

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/phone-call-manchester-united-van-persie?CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... CMP=twt_gu</a>

Last paragraph
"What is painful is to see United so far in front of us. We knew when we sold him to Utd that would be the case."

He should have had the decency to resign immediately after making that comment
Absolutely disgusting

citykev28 said:
Why is it disgraceful and why should he resign?

Admitting knowing selling your best player to a bitter rival was going to elevate them miles ahead of you and allowing it to happen?
It would be like us selling yaya or silva to the rags,ensuring they finish above us

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
citykev28 said:

Admitting knowing selling your best player to a bitter rival was going to elevate them miles ahead of you and allowing it to happen?
It would be like us selling yaya or silva to the rags,ensuring they finish above us

United are our local rivals, not Arsenal's so it's nothing like that.
Van Persie was going to leave for free at the end of this season. He could've have gone to United anyway. Wenger merely got the best deal he could for his club.

citykev28 said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
citykev28 said:

United are our local rivals, not Arsenal's so it's nothing like that.
Van Persie was going to leave for free at the end of this season. He could've have gone to United anyway. Wenger merely got the best deal he could for his club.

Best deal my arse
It will cost them his transfer fee when they finish out of the top 4 and was raising the white flag by selling him admitting they couldn't challenge them

So in your opinion, the best option for Arsenal was to keep hold of an unhappy player for a season, be unable to spend his wages on replacements, miss out on the players they wanted in the summer and then let the same unhappy player move to the club he joined anyway for free, costing the club £24 million?

Do teams not sell players all the time knowing that it's going to strengthen the buying club and weaken themselves?

I never suggested he wouldn't give his all. I said he'd be unhappy. An unhappy player is not good for a squad. Do you honestly believe that Arsenal would have been title contenders if they'd kept him this season, bearing in mind they probably wouldn't have Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski?

citykev28 said:
I never suggested he wouldn't give his all. I said he'd be unhappy. An unhappy player is not good for a squad. Do you honestly believe that Arsenal would have been title contenders if they'd kept him this season, bearing in mind they probably wouldn't have Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski?

No but would've had much more chance to finish in the top 4 and then be able to attract better quality players looking to play in the CL as replacement for him

As I have mentioned before how arsenal could deal with that club in any aspect is beyond me, for over 20 years their has been bad blood feud between them, mass brawls on the pitch, keane viera, wright schmicheal, pizzagate, van nistleroy invisibles Riley miss officiating, aresenal fans attacked outside old Trafford, someone should tell mr wenger you do not sell to them if you do it is called a wilkinson?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.