Wenger,an absolute disgrace

I used to respect Wenger but over the last few years he's turn into a right bitter woman.

In an article in the Mirror this morning, they quote him as saying "He only ever wanted Manure or Juventus" followed by another quote "I told him I won't sell to Man City"

All made up bollocks like we offered him 300k per week.

plattlaneregular said:
Blue Haze said:
citykev28 said:
If they'd kept him this season, they'd have lost £24 million and not had him next season, thus risking missing out albeit a year later but £24 million down.

It wasn't a bad decision to sell him and City fans are simply upset that he went to United. If he'd joined us, there wouldn't be a thread on here moaning what a disgrace Wenger is despite it being an identical situation.

Nah. Thought Wenger was a disgrace long before Van Persie. We laugh every summer when he sells his best players.

No club with any self respect would sell off all their best players to their rivals, RVP or no. Hell, they diluted the talent at Arsenal so badly we cannot even call them rivals anymore. They miss out on the CL, they'll wish they didn't. We've seen how hard it is to join the CL club.

Bit arrogant really to say a quality team like Arsenal aren't rivals any more. How long have we been rivals? 3 years? And were we really rivals of theirs before then?

How long before ? Are you another one of those fans who think football started with the Premier league ?

What is exactly arrogant about saying Arsenal aren't our direct rivals anymore ? Unless of course you think they are capable of mounting a title challenge.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/phone-call-manchester-united-van-persie?CMP=twt_gu

Last paragraph
"What is painful is to see United so far in front of us. We knew when we sold him to Utd that would be the case."

He should have had the decency to resign immediately after making that comment
Absolutely disgusting

I know an Arsenal fan and he said the same thing when Persie went to United. I've also heard numerous Gooners say it on the radio.

stony said:
plattlaneregular said:
Blue Haze said:
Nah. Thought Wenger was a disgrace long before Van Persie. We laugh every summer when he sells his best players.

No club with any self respect would sell off all their best players to their rivals, RVP or no. Hell, they diluted the talent at Arsenal so badly we cannot even call them rivals anymore. They miss out on the CL, they'll wish they didn't. We've seen how hard it is to join the CL club.

Bit arrogant really to say a quality team like Arsenal aren't rivals any more. How long have we been rivals? 3 years? And were we really rivals of theirs before then?

How long before ? Are you another one of those fans who think football started with the Premier league ?

What is exactly arrogant about saying Arsenal aren't our direct rivals anymore ? Unless of course you think they are capable of mounting a title challenge.

The word 'anymore' suggests long term and for evermore as opposed to this season. I agree they are not competing for the title like we are.

Using that argument Arsenal could say we aren't their rivals as they are going to be fighting for the European Cup this year and we're not (possibly not for long I admit!)

And I'm offended about the 'football started with the Premier League bollocks'. To be honest the 70s and 80s were my highlights following City.

However, I'm also not of the belief football and rivalries started and finished when the money came in either.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/11/phone-call-manchester-united-van-persie?CMP=twt_gu

Last paragraph
"What is painful is to see United so far in front of us. We knew when we sold him to Utd that would be the case."

Absolutely disgusting

Nothing has changed from last year. Last year Arsenal finished 19 points behind the scum, this year they are 18 points behind so technically they have gained a point 24 million and some players. Wenger talking bollocks again.

robbie brewer said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

Last paragraph

Absolutely disgusting

Nothing has changed from last year. Last year Arsenal finished 19 points behind the scum, this year they are 18 points behind so technically they have gained a point 24 million and some players. Wenger talking bollocks again.
The point is that they are already 18 points behind with another 18 games to play, so of course something has changed; they'll be a lot more than 19 points behind by the end.

Having said that, I don't really get what the fuss is. RVP held all the power in this particular situation. Arsenal couldn't dictate where he went as he could have simply decided to stay for another season and then go anywhere of his choosing for free. Once the decision to sell was made, they just had to get the best deal possible for Arsenal and that's what they did. They wouldn't be challenging United with or without him, and Wenger knows that.

Nothing wrong in what he said. He took the best deal available for RVP and it happened to be from United.

mancunial said:
As I have mentioned before how arsenal could deal with that club in any aspect is beyond me, for over 20 years their has been bad blood feud between them, mass brawls on the pitch, keane viera, wright schmicheal, pizzagate, van nistleroy invisibles Riley miss officiating, aresenal fans attacked outside old Trafford, someone should tell mr wenger you do not sell to them if you do it is called a wilkinson?

But Dick v Miffy has wanted to be a Swamp Donkey since he was a wee embryo. He came out of his mother's womb wearing a Rag top! The Arse had no chance of hanging on once he realised he hadn't been playing for MANUre since the day of his re-incarnation as Eric Bobby Nobby Matt v Miffy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.