We're being spied on.....Help !!!!

I was chatting to someone one afternoon who I didn’t know before, didn’t already have her number and didn’t swap phone numbers or anything.

That evening, without having looked for her on Facebook, she’d popped up as a Friend Suggestion (not a Friend Request by her, a FB suggestion).

Then a few weeks later I saw her Son (who I already knew) to say hello to and she popped up again as a Friend Suggestion by Facebook that evening.

It’s one of the reasons I came off Facebook. I didn’t even have a profile on it until about two years ago and only stayed on it for a year. I think it’s a very strange thing, it may be the years of drugs playing with my paranoia but I kept thinking that the Facebook app could listen to me or could even watch me.

Did you have mutual friends before meeting each other? Location data (GPS, WiFi etc) plus you being mutual friends and you being physically close to each other that day may well have been enough for FB to put them as a suggestion.

Did you have mutual friends before meeting each other? Location data (GPS, WiFi etc) plus you being mutual friends and you being physically close to each other that day may well have been enough for FB to put them as a suggestion.
No mutual friends, no.

I was chatting to someone one afternoon who I didn’t know before, didn’t already have her number and didn’t swap phone numbers or anything.

That evening, without having looked for her on Facebook, she’d popped up as a Friend Suggestion (not a Friend Request by her, a FB suggestion).

Then a few weeks later I saw her Son (who I already knew) to say hello to and she popped up again as a Friend Suggestion by Facebook that evening.

It’s one of the reasons I came off Facebook. I didn’t even have a profile on it until about two years ago and only stayed on it for a year. I think it’s a very strange thing, it may be the years of drugs playing with my paranoia but I kept thinking that the Facebook app could listen to me or could even watch me.
She might have searched you out on FB.

It's happened to me with people I work with. They search my name and suddenly pop up as people you might know in my feed.

A mate of mine bought a mincer attachment for a Cuisinart (I think) food processor at a car boot sale and when he got it home realised the spindle was the wrong size so it didn't fit. He said to his Mrs it was a bit of a pain but never mind, only a tenner wasted.

Later that day he was googling about something unrelated and an advert popped up for a spindle adapter for a Cuisinart food processor.

Now, I am not paranoid, but it is absolutely incredible that this could be coincidence. SOMETHING in his house - his phone, Google Home, Alex, TV or whatever is definitely listening.

Also with FB it’s probably better to use the browser website rather than the App, along with adblocking. There’s less ability to track as the App gets access to all the location information on a phone - even if you’ve told it FB isnt allowed to, they had ‘special’ dispensation.

As you say, if you are in the vicinity of someone else for a short while, they’ll be able to stitch people together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.