"We're missing a player like Nani"

Scholes in his hayday was one of the best at his role...that unfortunately is undeniable (if he could have learnt to tackle he would have been a complete midfiedler

Is yaya better than him.......hmm difficult to say for a number of reasons.

1. yaya has been in the prem half a season at most....give him a few seasons then make a judgement

2. most importantly they have very different styles and arent the same type of player in the role they fullfill. I know yaya for instance last night was played behind the striker...which is where scholes liked to play....in the hole so to speak......but i dont think yaya is at his best there...i think when we have silva on you see the best of yaya....driving forward from slightly deeper in midfield (not a defensive midfielder either though)

to compare barry to scholes is just idiotic -play completely different roles in the team

and on the rafael arguement...good going forward - horrible defensively...gets very exposed

Viva Rivaldo said:
Gotta love the maturity shown here.

I'll say what I've said before, there are some really good posters on this site. Some of them, however, are just laughable.

When judging United players, you just automatically think they're shite because they play for us. For the majority of you, you're literally unable to be impartial when judging our players. You just say "hahah he's shit lol" to try and fit in with the rest, when, realistically, the only time you see our players is on MOTD.

Really need to grow up. Yeah, I hate city and I hate their players, however I'm not fucking blind and can tell that they have real quality.

People critiscising Rafael for example, all you offer is "he's shit"....

Mmm, ok. Let's not offer any explanation, or, heaven forbid, evidence for him being shit, let's just say it because it makes people laugh. Let's just say it because he's a United player and disregard everything good he's done in the past few years.

As for "losing credibility" as a poster. What the fuck, it's an internet forum. Grow up.
Rafael isn't shit. He just isn't the best. I can list a few that are better and around his age range: Ramos, Luiz and the young New Zealander whose name escapes me. (Something like Wilton Reid?)

Van der Sar is a great keeper, Evra is the best left-back in the Premier League, I would love to have Vidic, and if Rooney rediscovers any kind of form the league is yours. Berbatov is incredibly under-rated by your own supporters because he's "lazy, doesn't tackle". When he's on the ball he reminds me of Silva - the way he glides and softly moves it between his feet. He's impossible to tackle. Even Nani, someone who I thought was shit, has proven himself this season.

But Scholes, Giggs, Owen, Ferdiand and Neville are shadows what they once were. Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Evans and Smalling are over-rated to fuck by the English media. Anderson and O'Shea wouldn't get into our reserve team, and Rooney has scored 4 goals in 10 months (and don't you dare say it was because he was injured because he played enough games at the World Cup against shit teams to score enough goals!)

United have ALWAYS been the same. You rely on a handful of players to get you out of the shit and get you trophies. When it wasn't Cuntona, it was Beckham, when it wasn't Beckham, it was Cole, when it wasn't Cole it was Van Nistlerooy and when it wasn't him, it was Ronaldo. But now, your best players aren't world class. You have one player that, on his day, can be world class, and that's Rooney. As Paul Jewell said: "if you go 20 games unbeaten you expect to be clear by some way at the top." Well are you? We're snapping at your heels with a better squad that's going to click any time soon. You've got to lose at some point; you've got to go to Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham and you still have to play us: the team with the best defensive and away records in the league. You've been incredibly lucky for about 2 or 3 years now, but it's running out. Rooney is obviously off in the summer for a high fee that will "go to your debt" and disappear.

The majority of you are classless fucks who are about be taken over. Watch out. I would have Manchester ruling football as one, but if you don't want it like that, then I'm happy to have us win everything. You're surviving on revenue alone and Ferguson can't stay around forever. The Chewing Gum Cretin will not always be there to harass 4th officials. He'll be replaced by a shy, shaky manager who won't be able to handle a dressing room like Ferguson can. Yeah Ferguson might be a wanker but he's a fucking good manager.

"Be nice to people on your way up, because you'll meet them on your way down."

Have a happy landslide.

simon23 said:
Scholes in his hayday was one of the best at his role...that unfortunately is undeniable (if he could have learnt to tackle he would have been a complete midfiedler

Is yaya better than him.......hmm difficult to say for a number of reasons.

1. yaya has been in the prem half a season at most....give him a few seasons then make a judgement

2. most importantly they have very different styles and arent the same type of player in the role they fullfill. I know yaya for instance last night was played behind the striker...which is where scholes liked to play....in the hole so to speak......but i dont think yaya is at his best there...i think when we have silva on you see the best of yaya....driving forward from slightly deeper in midfield (not a defensive midfielder either though)

is silva a better player than scholes would be a better comparrison......i think within a couple of seasons you will see he will be...he may not score as many...but he will create more and control games

to compare barry to scholes is just idiotic -play completely different roles in the team

and on the rafael arguement...good going forward - horrible defensively...gets very exposed

friend said:
MCFC BOB said:
Nani has been great, but to be honest, we're doing fine as it is, thanks.

Scholes is not a quality player. He wouldn't get infront of Yaya in a combined team, and leaving Silva out shows to me that you never watch us.

"Scholes is not a quality player" Are you sure?
I missed off "anymore".

I should really edit that.

My take on a team is:

-------------Hart--------------
--Zab--Kompany--Vidic--Evra--
--Silva--Yaya--De Jong--Balotelli--
------Dzeko----Tevez-----------

Actually neither of us or the rags has a sensational right back, picked Zab because he's a warrior. Boateng might be amazing in the future but in the present I'd say he's good with a lot of potential.
If I'm not allowed to count Dzeko yet then I'd have to put Berbatov in I'm afraid...

Argh I was trying to be objective there and ended up with 9 city players lol. Objectivity fail for me :(

Bluemer said:
Rafael best right back in the world for his age; behave time for some down time i think. The thought of what you have said just makes me laugh. Chicharito better than Messi i'll be hearing next.

Name some 20 year old right backs better than Rafael. Let's have a sensible football discussion. I've seen the names Ramos (nearly 25) Luiz (nearly 24) and Winston Reid (lol) mentioned.

rafael has been much better at defending from what i have seen this season, bale and nasri in his pocket, obviously like micah though young fullbacks are rarely consistant

Viva Rivaldo said:
M[quote="Viva Rivaldo said:
I think we'll buy at least one big name player this summer.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?
Jan Venegoor of Hesselink?

Joking apart, I can see Rags paying a tidy sum for a GK and a player like Hazard or Sanchez.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Gotta love the maturity shown here.

I'll say what I've said before, there are some really good posters on this site. Some of them, however, are just laughable.

When judging United players, you just automatically think they're shite because they play for us. For the majority of you, you're literally unable to be impartial when judging our players. You just say "hahah he's shit lol" to try and fit in with the rest, when, realistically, the only time you see our players is on MOTD.

Really need to grow up. Yeah, I hate city and I hate their players, however I'm not fucking blind and can tell that they have real quality.

People critiscising Rafael for example, all you offer is "he's shit"....

Mmm, ok. Let's not offer any explanation, or, heaven forbid, evidence for him being shit, let's just say it because it makes people laugh. Let's just say it because he's a United player and disregard everything good he's done in the past few years.

As for "losing credibility" as a poster. What the fuck, it's an internet forum. Grow up.

That reminds me I need to get the IRONING done.

You seem like a bright lad, but yet use words like hate. This must answer your question about blind faith and blue-tinted glasses?....Its all in the dislike is it not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.