We're still in it

Re: ''were still in it''

marco said:
i simply cant see liverpool not droping points in there next two games, norwich will be tough with them fighting relegation and we know chesea will put a fight on, dont worry chaps plenty of twists and turns yet

Problem is we won't win at Everton either.

I can see us getting 86 points but I feel either Chelsea or Liverpool will get 87.

End of the day we gambled terribly today with Kompany who had a horror show, now there's no room for error we have to win the last 6 games get 88 points and then if Liverpool win 14 games on the spin they will deserve it.

But if they do draw a game we must make sure we do our job. They have a tremendous record at Norwich, Newcastle on the last day is a shoe in, so we are pinning our hopes on them slipping up at Palace or at home to Chelsea.

We missed a trick today, Pellegrinni got his tactics all wrong in my opinion.

Win our two games in hand we are only one point behind lpool with a better goal difference

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
marco said:
i simply cant see liverpool not droping points in there next two games, norwich will be tough with them fighting relegation and we know chesea will put a fight on, dont worry chaps plenty of twists and turns yet

I can see us getting 86 points but I feel either Chelsea or Liverpool will get 87.

End of the day we gambled terribly today with Kompany who had a horror show, now there's no room for error we have to win the last 6 games get 88 points and then if Liverpool win 14 games on the spin they will deserve it.

But if they do draw a game we must make sure we do our job. They have a tremendous record at Norwich, Newcastle on the last day is a shoe in, so we are pinning our hopes on them slipping up at Palace or at home to Chelsea.

Yes your right we will drop point At Everton too! It's over I tell you over!!!

Blue Punter said:
I fancy Chelsea to get something at Anfield. They have the best defence in the league, are the most organised and have a manager who knows how to get results, especially away from home.

Liverpool will probably be without Sturridge, so I see Chelsea looking to keep it tight and pinching a goal. A draw puts it's back into our hands. I see as similar scenario for them against Palace, though they might struggle to score.

It's imperative that we keep the faith and start picking maximum points up. That starts on Wednesday night against Sunderland.

so you fancy ...... chelsea

me also i fancied city to get a draw to day or a loss but chelsea drop points at the end a loss and chelsea won

so there is not fancying or anything now the title is almost over some should know that the only hope is that the players up themselves and go to win all the remaning games and if i say if chelsea and liverpool drop points that would be a miracle

Belfast_city said:
Win our two games in hand we are only one point behind lpool with a better goal difference

Yes bit 4 games to go!?? No chance we pulling this back especially having to go everton where we will be lucky to get a draw!

avoidconfusion said:
Can't see Liverpool fuck this up now. They will win the League

Lets hope Maureen goes for the draw and not for the win. When they stay in their shell they are hard to break down.

We might be still "in it", but i can't see us winning it, I'm afraid. I said after the Arsenal game that we has bottled it, but after that game we were still in control. And today we bottled it again. OK so it's not all over, but we have has 2 tough tests and failed them both. This is not title winning performance.

Liverpool have only 4 games left, not that many. Win all of them and they are champions. The only game you might reasonably hope they might slip up in is Chelsea. I think they will beat Chelsea. But lets say they don't. We have 6 games left. Are we going to win all of them? No, not for me, We were steamrolling teams mid season, and we just aren't any more. We have 4 home games, and i'd be delighted if we take 12 points from those. We may well not. And 4 from our 2 aways would be decent. So 16 max. 86 would be a really great haul from where we are now, and 85 or 84 quite plausible. Liverpool can lose against Chelsea and still get 86.

I think we're fucked I am afraid. You can fuck up occasionally, but you can't keep doing it and keep saying never mind, next game will be OK. We've dropped too many bollocks.

Sorry to not be more positive. I was really cheering us on to beat Liverpool today, but losing has knocked the stuffing out of me and I don't see any realistic hope of us lifting the title now.

A quick question for all those who believe that we can't win the league.

Do you think there is any possibility that Chelsea could manage a draw at Anfield?

If you do, then it's still game on. If you don't, please explain why you believe they're not capable.

I'll concede that playing a CL semi a few days before is not ideal, but Liverpool will be without Henderson & possibly Sturridge. Don't forget the guy who replaced him today (Moses) will be ineligible. If Suarez plays on his own against Terry & Cahill, I think they'll handle him.

I also think they'll overpower them in midfield. More I think about it, the more I see Chelsea getting a result there. Up to us to win our games.

marco2014 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
marco said:

Yes your right we will drop point At Everton too! It's over I tell you over!!!

It will be typical City that we go to Goodison and win but slip up at Palace. Like I said we have to do our job which is lets take the last six games one at a time we have 4 at home and two away. If we do get 88 points and miss out to Liverpool it will mean that they will have won 14 games on the spin and tbh they would deserve it. We desperately need Chelsea to win at Anfield the dippers would only be able to get 86 points then. As someone else has said lets just win these next two homes games for a start and see were that puts us.

Don't under estimate the impact Henderson being suspended will have on scousers. Their winning run has been mainly unchanged team, now the will have to shuffle the midfield round. Could lead to issues, also Sturridge looked like he was injured when came off.

Jose will LOVE to crash the party & expect Chelsea to take points from Anfield. Everton is a tough game for us because it always is there but we have the players as long as Milner is in, we need his drive & energy.

It is still all to play for I think so we need to keep heads up & get behind the team.

#Together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.