West Brom Post Match Thread

I actually think Silva was lucky not to be sent off for the foul he got injured in. Hope its not to bad an injury BTW. That said if he had, and Madley had applied rules consistantly, that game would have been abandoned as WBA would have been diwn to 6 players!

Great performance by the lads last night. Kev with another masterclass show, he is just relentless and surely has to win POTY.

Great cameo performance from Diaz who looked very lively when he came on.

Only criticism last night was our wastefulness in front of goal, it should have been 6 or 7.

As for the cynical challenges, it is getting beyond a joke now. If you can't beat them just kick the f**k out of them is our opponents approach now.

Good atmosphere at the game and despite getting tonked for 3 I thought WBA defended pretty well but we were just too good. Laporte wasn't troubled at all but looked very confident and assured. First half I thought we were defending a little deeper than normal but second half him and Ota moved up a little. Might just be my imagination however. His passes over to Silva on the wing were great but I also loved his ability to come out with the ball. He's a big guy too

Zinchenko seems to quietly impress again. He has a lot of quality and his defensive skills are improving

good professional win, thought we were going to see a game with zero shots against!! must be rare.

The challenge on Diaz was another shocker but i have to say, and may upset a few, that Fernandinho has put in a few like McClean did

enjoyed every performance but i thought Sterling laboured a touch wide left. Zinchencko was really bright, Otamendi excellent and KdB swaggered with intent

I reckon Kompany may have been left out because he'd have got sent off for punishing WBA players when Madley wouldn't!

I think that's why Fernandinho may have left one on Krychowiak, after he clattered Aguero early on. Some disgusting tackles from West Brom though showing no regard for City players' safety.

Mcclean is scum. Plays like he’s in the amateur leagues with his late tackles.
Satisfying to get the result against another team of animals led by one of the media's favourite dinosaur managers. It's sad to see a club that was once graced by people like Regis and Cunningham (even Bryan Robson) become just another group of cloggers. I wonder how many points behind Eddie Howe's progressive team, which plays proper football with fewer resources, West Brom will finish.

Very good overall. I do worry that our lack of ruthlessness will cost us in the champions league though. We won't get 5 or 6 chances against the top sides. It cost us last season against Monaco in the second leg - we missed 4 or 5 sitters in the second half. We need to sharpen up in front of goal.

Tackles were disgraceful yet again. I actually can't believe the Phillips one wasn't spotted. Can understand McLean being missed to an extent, just because KDB rode the tackle, but the one on Diaz was horrendous. Absolute shithouse to do that to a kid.

Hopefully on to another 3 points on Saturday against the worm eater select.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.