West Brom Post Match Thread

He's tough though & now, is reaching the stage where he can bounce adults off him like he has elder kids, throughout his time at City. Each step up in age group, has taken him a while to adjust to the different pace & physicality & he starts as the little terrier who gets pushed off the ball & gets kicked around, then becomes a highly skilled pit bull, who you can't push anywhere.

He's just making that transition now, with the first team.

You can totally see the impact training every day with the first team has had on him. He's getting stronger every day. He's the kind of little lad that'll find a way to hold off a 6'3 bruiser just because of his sheer desire. When you've got that much talent and that much drive you're worth a go...

No they are not.

We have had loads of players who were good enough to play & indeed still have: Ambrose, Maffeo, both Garcias, etc etc etc.

Good enough to become regulars ? Maybe not. Good enough to have played ? Loads of them.

I've been hearing for years about hundreds of players "we should be giving X a run in the team " but I haven't seen one player who we have not got involved who has subsequently left us and become a player at the level we are now at. There might be some out there but I haven't seen them. It's only these few coming through now who look good enough, and you can see with your own eyes that the slow but steady integration is working like a dream. Maffeo Iooks a player to me but if he comes back from his loan and becomes a part of the first team squad then that approach has worked as well.

Remember as well that managers have also to keep squad players happy and motivated in case they are suddenly thrust into the fray by a long-term injury, Like Delph was.

I've been hearing for years about hundreds of players "we should be giving X a run in the team " but I haven't seen one player who we have not got involved who has subsequently left us and become a player at the level we are now at. There might be some out there but I haven't seen them. It's only these few coming through now who look good enough, and you can see with your own eyes that the slow but steady integration is working like a dream. Maffeo Iooks a player to me but if he comes back from his loan and becomes a part of the first team squad then that approach has worked as well.

Remember as well that managers have also to keep squad players happy and motivated in case they are suddenly thrust into the fray by a long-term injury, Like Delph was.

The level we are at is something never seen in English football and barely seen in World Football. When we were scrapping over 4th in the league under Pelle and still playing Bony and Yaya the conversation was a little different. I'm glad Pep brought Diaz on even at only 2-0 and he didn't disappoint.

I think that's why Fernandinho may have left one on Krychowiak, after he clattered Aguero early on. Some disgusting tackles from West Brom though showing no regard for City players' safety.

Ah, I'd wondered whether anything had provoked Fernandinho.

I've just made that point re Pep, 'managing' in another thread. Mancini would be sulking because we didn't get Sanchez & he (& Pellegrini) would have signed Theo Walcott or some other C lister to make up the numbers.

Pellegrini was just minding the office till Pep got here while Mancini kicked off because he was being given C listers like Rodwell and Sinclair when he knew full well the team needed quality, as for playing Boyata early, we didn`t have a fit central defender if I remember correctly, he played him at old tragic as well and he was our motm.

Players not making it at other clubs, is the excuse for a shit academy system & timid jobsworth managers, throughout the Premier League.

Ours has been no different. Predicting a player's future as an axcuse not to give him ten minutes on the pitch, is just a sad excuse, as is the complete bollocks hat it 'harms' the team.

Delph is a good example of someone of medium talent, who is playing a key role in what could be the best side ever to play in this country. It's unlikely he would have shone, if he'd been in City's U18s.

Now we have a proper manager, I am optimistic things will change.

But nothing will come of it because he was booked. If it was one of our team, it would be on Sly Sports loop until they were banned. It’s only a matter of time before we have a career ending injury due to the ineptitude of the officials. It’s a contact sport, but there’s no place for dirty assaults like these.
I was saying to Mrs S, if that challenge on Brahim happened on a Sunday league match it would have ended in a mass brawl. It was that bad. In the Premier League it was absolutely disgusting. Fair play to the boy for shrugging it off.

Players not making it at other clubs, is the excuse for a shit academy system & timid jobsworth managers, throughout the Premier League.

Ours has been no different. Predicting a player's future as an axcuse not to give him ten minutes on the pitch, is just a sad excuse, as is the complete bollocks hat it 'harms' the team.

Delph is a good example of someone of medium talent, who is playing a key role in what could be the best side ever to play in this country. It's unlikely he would have shone, if he'd been in City's U18s.

Now we have a proper manager, I am optimistic things will change.

Well I'm delighted with the way we are handling the kids, and I'm delighted that we finally have some who are good enough. The problem with our Academy in my opinion has not been a reluctance to involve players, it has been a lack of players good enough to involve. The only way anyone can make an argument that we aren't doing it right is if a player goes on and makes it at a club of our level.

It showed we lack a left winger. Hope we can get left sided players back on the pitch ASAP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.