West Brom

Salford_Blue

If they can sign Liam Ridgewell in defence and get Shane Long up front, I can honestly see them having a really good season next year.

I like our Woy. He is a good coach.

I'm loathed to say he can't do it at the big clubs, because that would include Looprevil ;p

i was talking bout them today, out of all the middle of the table sort of teams like the fulhams, stokes,sunderlands of the world i can see west brom maybe doing better then them.

dan1987 said:
i was talking bout them today, out of all the middle of the table sort of teams like the fulhams, stokes,sunderlands of the world i can see west brom maybe doing better then them.

If Fulham can keep hold of Zamora, I think under Jol, who is a very good coach, they can also have a good season.

These mid-League teams will look to kick on this year and gain a Europa spot.

For me, WBA and Fulham will push Spuds and Looprevil this year.

Not that they will be anywhere near, but Wolves signing Roger Johnson will also help them greatly. Having to rely on Jody Craddock won't alleviate the pressure of relegation. Johnson will.

i still think there will be a big gap from 5th 6th down. with liverpool and spurs taking them. but wba will defo benefit from the teams around them playing in europa league (long trips midweek) so it would be a good bet having them maybe top 8? or 9? i still think they could do with a big player to play up top with odemwinge(spelling)

dan1987 said:
i still think there will be a big gap from 5th 6th down. with liverpool and spurs taking them. but wba will defo benefit from the teams around them playing in europa league (long trips midweek) so it would be a good bet having them maybe top 8? or 9? i still think they could do with a big player to play up top with odemwinge(spelling)

I don't think the gap will be as big as recent years, although Liverpool and Spuds will finish 5th and 6th I'm sure.

That said, Liverpool's defence is looking slightly shaky and if one leaves at Spurs, the rest are likely to follow.

If WBA can afford to splash £8m+ on Shane Long, they would have a very impressive front two.

It will be a harder season this year but Roy has shown just how great a manager he is with teams like Fulham and he will do the same with West Brom. Shane Long would add to the team his work rate is top notch and he started to score some goals last season. Saying that it doesnt seem to be any bids for Long and he will still be at Reading for the start of the season. I liked the looks of Simon Cox he got some games for Ireland in the close season friendlies and looked a decent player so they have some players that could cause teams problems this season.

i have to agree with the liverpool defence bit, in fairness it proberly doesnt look like top 6 standard, but i think they will address that. wba could do alot worse then picking up carew on a freebie. having him as a target man with odemwinge and as you say shane long playing off him could be quite impressive for there team

leighton said:
It will be a harder season this year but Roy has shown just how great a manager he is with teams like Fulham and he will do the same with West Brom. Shane Long would add to the team his work rate is top notch and he started to score some goals last season. Saying that it doesnt seem to be any bids for Long and he will still be at Reading for the start of the season. I liked the looks of Simon Cox he got some games for Ireland in the close season friendlies and looked a decent player so they have some players that could cause teams problems this season.

I read that WHU had a recent £7m bid turned down, so if WBA want him, they will have to go higher, which could be a club record (I'm guessing there).

Also talk of Liam Ridgewell.

They also have Chris Brunt, who is under rated, without being top notch. A bit like Charlie Adam in some respects.
Overall, though they have a solid manager and could potentially have a team that will cause several teams problems this year. I certainly don't see them struggling.

having said that he would be good signing, tomorrows mirror is reporting long is interested in a 5million move to west ham! surely a premiership team would welcome him and defo at that price!

Salford_Blue said:
leighton said:

I read that WHU had a recent £7m bid turned down, so if WBA want him, they will have to go higher, which could be a club record (I'm guessing there).

Also talk of Liam Ridgewell.

They also have Chris Brunt, who is under rated, without being top notch. A bit like Charlie Adam in some respects.
Overall, though they have a solid manager and could potentially have a team that will cause several teams problems this year. I certainly don't see them struggling.

If the Baggies pay over £7 million for Long it will be a lot of money and I wouldnt think they would have a lot of money to play around with. I wouldnt rule out a move for Robbie Keane for them on loan. Roy could well get him to buy for less than £7 million that was offered for Long if they had the money to spend on a proven premier league forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.