West Cork

blue_paul

Blues,

Anyone ever ben to the picturesque west cork? I'm heading down for a few days to get away from the utter madness that is Dublin during the St Patricks day festivities.
I'm staying a night in Baltimore and then two nights in kinsale.
Any recommendations on things/places/pubs/restaurants to see? Never been to that neck of the woods before.
I know there's a few Cork blues on here, come give this jackeen some advice!

You lucky sod!! Kinsale is absolutely superb. No particular recommendations though mate, I just enjoyed it all when I was there a few years ago

I hope you put on your best accent being a dub` in all.
worked on a movie in kerry(took me back to "warewolf in london movie",in the mountain pub!) they all acted weird `cos i was from galway. cork is great too,have a good one!

I wouldn't know much about baltimore but Kinsale is cracking. It will be dead this time of year though, I don't think much will be open. Drive around the peninsula if you can. It's fabulous (said in best gay voice)

there is a beach nearby called Garretstown if you are into surfing.
If you are into golf ring ahead and see if you can blag a round in the old head course. People were flying in on helicopters to play this during the boom... unfortunately, me being a peasant, I have never got near it.

There are plenty of walks and there should be information locally about them.

You can't go wrong with the feeders and boozers down there either

Enjoy.

try and get to Clonakilty for the black pudding.

Stayed a week in Baltimore over New Year.Very wet and windy then.Quiet fishing village,couple of decent pubs in the square,1 traditional Irish and 1 quite modern sports bar.Not usual Irish friendly people here I found.
Kinsale is altogether different,proper place,loads of pubs and restaurants,great food,nice walk to the fort,bit of history there,well worth going..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.