West Ham 2017/18

Afternoon Gents (and ladies)

Just popped in to see opinions on pellers and stumbled on this thread. I cannot believe the positive opinions on the bowl with no soul. It’s diabolical. A decent athletics stadium maybe but that is just not fit for purpose. A one off visit maybe ok but I’ve done about 35 visits now. I hate it with a passion.

My ST is admittedly in the upper tier but you just feel so detached from what’s going on, can’t even make players out.

The bowl itself was only built for 2012 and already it’s showing, the concourse floor cutting up etc, the wrap looks knackered already. I really have tried to like it, I just can’t. Everything about it starting with the most soulless walk from Stratford. Was that close to giving it all up after 25 years but caved when I realised that on match days football is secondary. All about mates and a few beers

Did I mention I hate it? I hate it

Anyway, best of luck next season and thanks for letting me on
IRONS

Hi mate. Hammers season ticket holder myself.
I honestly can’t believe fans prefer UP to the OS. yes the view is further away and if you’re sat in the Gods you do feel further attached from the pitch - but that aside. It’s one hell of a stadium , we’ve gone from an old battered 30,000 seater in UP to a modern 60/70,000 seater, we’ve doubled are fan base - we had to make this move. It’s a massive draw for managers, players and potential investors.
Yes I miss the nostalgia of UP but get with the times !!! Look around. It’s an amazing Venue, everything about it is better than UP. The transport, the area, the facility’s - I couldn’t ever get near a bar at UP for a beer !
This is all much better. Stop living in the past.

And they deserve every beat from that stick. Gold promised the seats would be no further than they were at UP and this move would take us the the next level! The stadium benefits us to the tune of a massive £12m a season compared to UP. Wow, proper next level.

There is a multitude of sins to crucify them for, the stadium is just one of them. Should have redeveloped UP, but no chance of a backhander there (the old ground mysteriously sold millions under market value then got flipped to another developer for market value)

We are a joke of a club thanks to those three

Sorry. I hate fans like you.
‘Joke of a club ‘ really ? Mid table in the prem.
60,000 seater. Pellegrini manager. Good squad of players. We’ve not got the money City and Co have. What more do you expect ?

@BlueHammer85 and @Met Line Hammer . Have a soft spot for the hammers have a very good friend who supports them. Her dad was a city fan and worked at Maine Road for years. Anyway I think Pellers will do a great job for you. Vastly underrated, well educated and a classy bloke. Good luck next season.

Sorry. I hate fans like you.
‘Joke of a club ‘ really ? Mid table in the prem.
60,000 seater. Pellegrini manager. Good squad of players. We’ve not got the money City and Co have. What more do you expect ?
Are you on crack?
Mid table? Have a word mate
60000 seats 15k of which are empty most weeks. Apathy is rife. The Man Utd game is a case in point. NormAlly a guaranteed sell out. Empty. I had at least 15 seats around me for company
Good squad of players? I’ll add meth to that crack

Yes we’re a joke of a club. From Tits McGee and her excruciating Sun column that has succeeded in upsetting other teams who now won’t deal with us. Sullivan thinking the real world works like championship manager getting involved in transfers. Gold and Sullivan pretending they are real fans by charging the club 7% on loans they gave to the club. They didn’t ‘save’ us at all. I bet you swallowed that line didn’t you. They have not put one penny of their own money into this club. 7mil a year in interest? Some fans. Brady and Sullivan blaming the fans for bad results etc etc I could go on all night

Sorry, I hate ‘fans’ and board apologist lapdogs like you. The London Stadium is a khazi. And completely epitomises the boardroom. Held together by cable ties scaffolding and trampolines

Keep smoking sunshine

I've only ever been to the stadium for athletics events, and tbh, on that basis it was a superb experience all round. Great sightlines and views, close to the track, and short queues for the concessions - and taking a drink to your seat obviously. Getting to the stadium was no problem at all, although the queues for the tube were grim on the way out I have to admit.
Certainly my favourite London team, and I wish Pellers and Zabba well next season.

One extra point on the athletics - the Alexander stadium on Birmingham is being redeveloped 2020-21 for the Commonwealth Games in 22, to expand it to a 30K stadium, and I think even when the temporary games seating is removed it will still have a 20-25K capacity. I may be slightly out on the exact figures, but the point is that going forwards, that is a perfect sized (and located) stadium for UK athletics to use as its long term home. The only events you'd need a bigger stadium for are the Olympics and World Champs and they wont be coming back here for a generation. The upshot is that from 2022 onwards there really is no (athletics based) need at all to keep using the London Stadium every summer, and waste time and money converting it, none at all.

Yes, but I think they'll retain London for future championships.
Weve
Yes, but I think they'll retain London for future championships.
We’ve just hosted the worlds so won’t get them again anytime soon, nor the Olympics. Anything else just wouldn’t warrant the capacity. I used to go to the diamond league meets in Crystal Palace. 20k crowd if you re lucky

I’ll concede there’s more than a bit of wishful thinking in my assertion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.