West Ham 2017/18

Personally I wanted to see the Hammers go down, not because I dislike the club or the fans, but that it might have forced the ownership group out, ideally without making any money on the club

Joe has made Goal’s Worst PL Team of the Season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/mus...65ykq71r48lffjanmiq#ntzn4slhr9ma1rfsj3twe2w0j

When Pep Guardiola arrived in the summer of 2016 and immediately wrote Joe Hart off as a goalkeeping option, Manchester City fans were livid.

The England international had previously played a pivotal role in City’s title-winning campaigns in 2012 and 2014 but he has done nothing since being sent out on loan to suggest that Guardiola was wrong to ditch him.

After an unconvincing spell in Serie A with Torino, it was hoped that a temporary switch to West Ham would revitalise his career. However, Hart has endured yet another injury-prone season and been forced to serve as Adrian's understudy for long periods.

Can't argue with that tbf. I really don't get what's happened to Joe. There was a time where he was legitimately being put amongst the top 5 keepers in the world. There have been plenty of goalkeepers who have gone from being world class to being just another decent keeper, but I've never seen someone that good become not good enough to even hold down a place in a mid-table team or even relegation fodder.

Soares was one that some were touting as a replacement for Zabaleta not too long ago.

Can't argue with that tbf. I really don't get what's happened to Joe. There was a time where he was legitimately being put amongst the top 5 keepers in the world. There have been plenty of goalkeepers who have gone from being world class to being just another decent keeper, but I've never seen someone that good become not good enough to even hold down a place in a mid-table team or even relegation fodder.

Soares was one that some were touting as a replacement for Zabaleta not too long ago.
After his performance in the Euros, I really thought Soares was going to be the next big thing at fullback... then again, perhaps some of his struggles could be put down to being in that underachieving team.

Has Hart endured an injury prone season??
Maybe its because he has played in front of a shit defence all season?
Not that I was aware of, to be honest. But, then again, I have not really been following him this season, as I did when he was at Torino.

Has Hart endured an injury prone season??
Maybe its because he has played in front of a shit defence all season?

Our defence has and is terrible but he lacks so much confidence and presence it makes the defence worse - he rarely comes out to claim balls into the box from corners etc and has allowed too many weak efforts to fly in.
Doesn’t deserve the flack and abuse he gets. But that’s football fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.