West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

I’ve been wanting Bernardo to get a proper run and play his way back into form. To be fair he is getting time, and he’s definitely injected some energy, but isn’t yet having any real impact IMO. I really hope we’ll see the old Bernie soon, although I’m not staking my life on it.

It's a bit baffling and frustrating at the same time. Like all Blues I love him to death but as you say although the effort is there the magic has gone. You look at that standout season he had and you just thought wow, how does his level drop so far from that?

It makes me fucking angry to be honest. He's going through a rough time personally, you can see it. He lost his mum for fucks sake. He clearly hates football without the fans (like many on here). Many managers of his profile would have simply walked this summer, taken a year or so out of the game for themselves knowing that Juve or PSG would slide him a blank cheque to take over. He's seeing out his contract because the board want him to stay - no doubt in my mind he would walk away if asked. He showed great loyalty to our club with all the UEFA and CAS bollocks, but when he needs it back he just gets shit.
Very well said!

WE are desperate for some energy and enthusiasm in this team.

The likes of Doyle would bring that, but there is not a chance in hell that Pep will pick him or any of the other kids to play in a premier fixture.
A couple of corpses in midfield would give us more energy than we have at the moment.

its hard to point the finger at pep with the injury list he has
yes questions about recoupment up front and not having 3 main strikers to rotate. but he will tall you sterling torrez mahrez are strikers (forwards) so who are we to question him because sterling is scoring over 20 goals a season

its easy to jump and kick the toys out of the pram when your not winning. but the bigger picture is city are injury hit and players running on empty and being ask to play when they should be recovering

pep has about 12 fit players to pick from the rest are running on empty and can not find any sort of form
man city and pep need a break ? a game called off or they cancel the international break coming up
if i was pep i would not release anybody for internationals in the next break but city hands are tied with that rule

city are not far off and when injured players are back we are still good enough to win everything even the title
its so so open the title this season anybody that can keep players fit then you will have a chance

He has an England cb who could have started the game & would have probably won it, along with several players who he benched, who are fit as a fiddle & a bunch of academy kids who will run their balls off to help.

West Ham have one decent forward, who went off.

Pep is fucking about & has been since August.

It's a bit baffling and frustrating at the same time. Like all Blues I love him to death but as you say although the effort is there the magic has gone. You look at that standout season he had and you just thought wow, how does his level drop so far from that?

You could say the same about KDB if you watch how many blind passes he plays & easy ones he over/under hits.

It's because the crew is tired & the ship is floating without a captain or a rudder & no particular course set even if the rudder is fixed.

Imo.

west ham should take some credit from yesterday

west ham worked so hard in defending and stopping city and when they scored city had a mountain climb
city are not ticking just yet ? injuries have played a major part. but for me we are missing a david silva type player in these type of games. when phil foden comes on in the 2nd half we looked a different team. he played in the pockets that defenders hate and phil foden must be in the starting 11 from now on

pep must be scratching his head with players picking up injuries every week. city are down to the bare bones both up front and in defence. when you look at who west ham hurt us it was down the left side of the defence
that is the big gap we have in this city team we have right footed players playing on the left side of the defence

but now some good news 2nd half we was showing so promise and phil foden is a star sent to us from above
and pep must take the box we have had him in and but it in the blue recycling bin. because he must start every game from now on. its time for phil foden to take the david silva role and games like yesterday city win because of phil foden
Great assessment.
Foden injects into the team, unlike the holding mids, is urgency and directness.

The team and particularly the manager needs to readjust.

Incredibly difficult times for everyone involved, crazy schedule, but it is was it is.

Pep needs to show that he is a great coach, at this moment, he seems stuck in a very deep rut.
I'll stick with the most obvious points:
  1. No pre-season
  2. Unprecedented number of fixtures
  3. Injuries to the spine of our side: Laporte, De Bruyne and Jesus/Aguero
You don't have to look beyond that.

I think after everyone has calmed down that we play a Champions League game away on Tuesday that’s 3 games inside a week.
Along with all the injuries and lack of a real break over the summer for us might explain today’s line up and substitutions.
Todays line up played shite for the first half of the game on wednesday, it only changed with substitutions, why did he think it'd work against west ham?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.