West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Walker looked absolutely shattered though and had to come off, seemed the obvious switch I thought.
He was had a wonderful start to the season, but we are abusing the guy and he will be burned out by Christmas.

Problem at the moment is we are relying on Sterling and Mahrez for the goals and neither is an out and out striker, there both inside forwards or wingers. We really need someone a bit more clinical, Aguero is just back from a bad injury and can't go on forever. Maybe things will improve when Jesus gets back and Aguero gets match fitness.

90 per cent of teams that had the opportunities we had today would have scored or brought a difficult save from the GK. How many times did Raheem have a clear run on goal, only to stop, do a 90-degree turn right into the nearest defender ? But at least he tends to score even when not playing well overall. How Mahrez ran the ball out of play over the line on the right beggars belief. I don't recall him going past a player today - just a succession woeful passes and shots. What I'm trying to say is, poor though we were generally, we had opportunities that a top team would have buried.

Looked a definite handball by the way - hence BT didn't replay it until after the game.

Needing a refresh is an understatement , unfortunately Rodri and Cancelo look like expensive flops.

Mendy is a sick note and not fit for purpose.

Kun and Ferny are finished as regulars and can't play two times a week.

Worried about Jesus injury record already

Mahrez has one decent game every 5 or 6

Gundy isn't good enough for a side wanting to challenge for a title unless he has world class quality around him.

That's 8 of the squad that I wouldn't be too fussed if we moved on come seasons end and many of them we must if we are to be competitive again.

Problem is we have the same recruitment personnel still with us an I have little confidence they can get in long term quality replacements so that we are genuine title contenders again.
I think cancelo is still good but we just have walker that we can’t drop. Jesus injury record is not that worrying to me

Mahrez is just Adel Taarabt with a premier league medal.

Walker has been our best player so far and Diaz is a wall.

Another very bitty performance and I can't really blame anyone because there's a catalogue of reasons why: from the restart last season to now the players have had all of 3 or 4 weeks off with the scheduling an absolute joke, the injury list is getting more and more each game as a result of the above.

The only finger to point here is at our recruitment during the summer - we're crying out for an energetic centre mid, willing to run about, break up play and at least pass between lines. I like Rodri and think if he had a partner of that ilk he would flourish but putting him next to Gundogan is not the answer, hasn't ever been and never will be. Kuns history of injuries has always been a worry but surely we could have bought someone rather than shoe horning Raz or Mahrez into that position? It doesn't have to be a Lewandoski but just an out and out forward for when Kun or Jesus is out.

It's going to be a long old season and not a particularly enjoyable one for any fan in my opinion but I hope the disjointed and flatless performances change in the next while.

Enjoy your weekend as much as possible guys and girls.

Jesus, KDB (until today), Aké, Laporte, Agüero, Mendy injured.

How did these guys even get injured?
Laporte suddenly got injured, for what? Aké suddenly felt something in his groin, and is out. He barely had an injury record at Bournemouth.

Questions need to be raised about our fitness staff. We never ever had these wide range of injury problems before Liverpool poached our former head of physio. Since then our injury records increased. Clearly someone isn’t doing a top job.

I would be more understanding if we were approaching the end of the season, but we literally just fucking started.

I have a bad feeling about this going forward.

Utter shite today, I've said it before and I'll say it again we're regressing at a massive rate. Europa league might be the best we can achieve this season, and Pep can go if there's no significant improvement in form. The football this season has been an absolute shambles up to yet and I don't want to hear any more excuses from Pep, it's wearing very thin now. Aguero also finished, we thank him for his amazing contribution to this team, but he's fucked, only an absolute twat can see otherwise .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.