West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

I can't get my head around on playing a guy that doesn't want to play for our club aka Garcia. Instead of playing a guy in Stones that has made it clear that he wants to play for us. Might I add that as soon as Foden is playing he is immediately a threat and still doesn't start him. Why Pep? Are you trying to make it hard for us?

Pep does not seem arsed. Blah blah blah
He’s letting his contract run down & the club are allowing it.

This interview has pissed me off more than the game.

I would love pep back with passion but it’s gone. Maybe the club have let him down with a lack of quality signings. No Aguero, no fern no YaYa, Silva or vinny replacements. STILL

We have no spine still in this team
That's not true. All these signings have been PEP's signings!

I'm surprised by people criticising Walker, without his pace tracking back we could have been caught out loads of times in other games, he makes the odd mistake I understand but so does every other player, not to mention he cleared a goal off the line in our previous game and always gives 100%

think, given our success in this fixture in previous years, it's a good match to do a side-by-side comparison:

Season17/1818/1919/2020/21
Goals scored4451
Goals conceded1001
Shots1991414
Shots on Target8697
Conversion Rate21.1%44.4%35.7%7.1%
On Targ. Conv Rate50%66.7%55.6%14.3%
Passes876839547737
Touches1,0481,007722915
Successful Tackles2013188
Tackle completion %75656953.3
Interceptions1118139
Dispossessed9121310
Turnover possession1819911

Can see the effect of last season being first game of the season in some respect, but otherwise a clear drop-off in conversion rates, a big drop off in defensive work as well which is unsurprising with Gundogan and Rodri together in midfield, also shows we were lower in giving the ball away, but also probably reflects the fact we're being slower in terms of tempo and not taking as many risks/able to open up the opponent.

The forwards are tired out & we are playing with 2 defenders so not surprising.

Can’t see pep seeing Christmas at this rate tbh and I want him to walk away and not get sacked because if this carry’s on it could happen. I know this will piss a lot on here off but we are now at the stage we’re it needs a change .
To be fair,that team selection against Lyon amount to constructive dismissal.

A lot of Clubs would have give him the Bullet after that alone.

Sure we have had 2 great seasons under him.

Fact is though we have been in decline for 18 months.

And it is getting worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.