West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

To be fair to Mahrez, in his 64 league games for us, he has scored or assisted 33 times ... which is an awful lot better than 1-in-10.
He's (statistically) one of the most effective players in the league, going forward.
But he was shit today and every time we need some balls he disappeared

hands down and in 2nd gear

but its not like that and city are having a bad run of luck. it needs somebody to grab hold of this and stand up and become a captain or leader ? phil foden coming on in the 2nd half was a breath of fresh air and we need more of that

also i will add KDB was poor coming of the bench and he is not match fit and should not be risked for a short term fix's at west ham ? hard work point and question for the moaners but we have to just get on with it

I think there are several players who need a rest but imo Pep is having a nightmare & making the situation much worse.

He was fantastic v Arsenal, genius. Since: utter shite.

Fucking shite, sideways and slow just like we always are when we are at our worst. No surprise to see the midfield duo at the heart of that and no surprise to see Mahrez doing fuck all and Sterling wasting chances to win it.

All too predictable, how we've let ourselves wander into another season without genuine goalscorers other than Aguero is beyond me. We take far too many chances to score goals in tight games and have done for a while now. Great at finishing when we are 3-0 up though, so I guess that's a plus

To be fair to Mahrez, in his 64 league games for us, he has scored or assisted 33 times ... which is an awful lot better than 1-in-10.
He's (statistically) one of the most effective players in the league, going forward.
The whole team is worse when he is in the team, him managing to pad his own individual stats a bit doesn't change that.

Which only goes to show that statistics can be manipulated to prove any point of view. Statistically he might be Christiano Ronaldo but the reality is he is a complete and utter waste of money.

Here is the thing. We simply aren't a superb team. We are a good team with game changer
The lack of attacking threat is a concern, it’s no secret that teams that stand off us when our defenders have the ball and get everyone behind the ball are difficult to break down. We look devoid of ideas, we incessantly bring the ball inside from the wide men and run into a shitload of traffic. At least Cancelo on a couple of occasions went outside their defender and gave them something else to consider.

We have a number of issues looking at that team today, the lack of a genuine striker seems the most obvious now Sergio seems to have picked up another niggle. A natural striker wins us that game today with the Sterling chance at the end.

However, all teams will endure their fair share of problems this year so despite having dropped too many points by our own standards so far this season, this may be a recurring theme across all teams this year. We certainly improved second half with the introduction of Foden, we do look less chaotic at the back and hopefully our depth of quality in the squad will be a vital factor as the season progresses.
These teams do the same to other top teams, yet some of them do a better job breaking them down. We simply ate not very creative and our movements aren't very active. I mean Aguero was the best player moving off the ball today.

Love, Aguero, but at his age he should not be the best off ball mover on your team.

Time to play the young guns.

Two years ago I'd have thought to myself "how many goals will we get today? Five or six". Nowadays I see every team in the league as banana skins.

I've no idea what's happening but the club is looking like it's in for a long, hard season and I think we will be a top 4 team this year. The whole setup feels stale and unimaginative.

I know this isn't going to be an ordinary league this year but we've got to start wondering where we are going and what we're trying to do. The big elephant in the room is Pep not signing a contract. That single issue is permeating through the team. The club have to decide if they want him to stay - and at the moment we look quite a way from challenging Liverpool- or we refresh the team. I want Pep to stay but if he's not got his heart in it, he has to make way for someone else.

Injuries can be unlucky (eg Laporte last year) which can happen at any time but the number were picking up now is ludicrous. Laporte, Ake, Aguero, Jesus, Mendy, Fernandinho...it's far far too many and I'm wondering what the condition of the players is.

We have not learnt a single thing in the last 12 months. That's the really grating part. The stats show 70 per cent possession, 10 shots on goal etc...and we lose 1-0. Every team we play against has forwards who just look more deadly than ours!!!

Two years ago I'd have thought to myself "how many goals will we get today? Five or six". Nowadays I see every team in the league as banana skins.

I've no idea what's happening but the club is looking like it's in for a long, hard season and I think we will be a top 4 team this year. The whole setup feels stale and unimaginative.

I know this isn't going to be an ordinary league this year but we've got to start wondering where we are going and what we're trying to do. The big elephant in the room is Pep not signing a contract. That single issue is permeating through the team. The club have to decide if they want him to stay - and at the moment we look quite a way from challenging Liverpool- or we refresh the team. I want Pep to stay but if he's not got his heart in it, he has to make way for someone else.

Injuries can be unlucky (eg Laporte last year) which can happen at any time but the number were picking up now is ludicrous. Laporte, Ake, Aguero, Jesus, Mendy, Fernandinho...it's far far too many and I'm wondering what the condition of the players is.

We have not learnt a single thing in the last 12 months. That's the really grating part. The stats show 70 per cent possession, 10 shots on goal etc...and we lose 1-0. Every team we play against has forwards who just look more deadly than ours!!!

Because any kind of half arsed attack will cause our pathetic fucking shite defence a problem & it destroys the confidence of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.