West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

all on Pep for picking the same team that was rubbish in the first half in midweek. That line-up doesn't work and shouldn't be used again.

West Ham deserved a point and were the better side on balance, so good for them. If ever there was a game to show how far we've fallen this it's the end of the days of us thrashing them for fun.

West Ham didn't create a single chance in the game. Their "goal" was handball and they sat most of the time with 10 behind the ball.

Nothing to add other than watch Liverpool without their best player completely destroy these next week simply because they got a manager that hasn't completely lost it.

Offer me top 4 right now and I bite your hand off. Half our squad needs replacing
You probably said this before they went to Villa Park also

I think there are several players who need a rest but imo Pep is having a nightmare & making the situation much worse.

He was fantastic v Arsenal, genius. Since: utter shite.

its hard to point the finger at pep with the injury list he has
yes questions about recoupment up front and not having 3 main strikers to rotate. but he will tall you sterling torrez mahrez are strikers (forwards) so who are we to question him because sterling is scoring over 20 goals a season

its easy to jump and kick the toys out of the pram when your not winning. but the bigger picture is city are injury hit and players running on empty and being ask to play when they should be recovering

pep has about 12 fit players to pick from the rest are running on empty and can not find any sort of form
man city and pep need a break ? a game called off or they cancel the international break coming up
if i was pep i would not release anybody for internationals in the next break but city hands are tied with that rule

city are not far off and when injured players are back we are still good enough to win everything even the title
its so so open the title this season anybody that can keep players fit then you will have a chance

Same old predictable city We have been completely found out got 10 men behind The ball and defend like mad. We have a Corner in the last seconds of the game and what do we do go short,, no plane B or c

Can we convert Cancelo to a winger? Has showed in bits that he’s great going forward. Can beat a man. Has his box of tricks as well. Definitely has more pace than Ffs.

The way the game went today will happen more times this season. Might be a bit premature to say but it just feels that way. We have to get used to it I guess.

Can only wish and hope for a good performance when the lads play now. Can’t get angry anymore. It’s more than energy sapping now.

I really think we also have to question the players character. There was no aggression or increase in tempo after we went 1 goal down or it was 1-1. Everyone felt comfortable in the game, we are supposed to out run our opponents. The whole game felt pedestrian. I really think even if pep stays or goes we really need a squad refresh. How many times have you actually seen rodri attempt a slide tackle. Raheem has improved but his 1 on 1 is still rubbish, he needs to shoot the ball more without taking unnecessary touches. I won’t mind if we sell Raheem because I don’t think he would ever be a great finisher and we need him to bail us in some matches. I don’t care if pep stays or goes but if he wants to stay he has to renew latest after the coming international break and he tells us that we have to rebuild because our squad is very unbalanced

Needing a refresh is an understatement , unfortunately Rodri and Cancelo look like expensive flops.

Mendy is a sick note and not fit for purpose.

Kun and Ferny are finished as regulars and can't play two times a week.

Worried about Jesus injury record already

Mahrez has one decent game every 5 or 6

Gundy isn't good enough for a side wanting to challenge for a title unless he has world class quality around him.

That's 8 of the squad that I wouldn't be too fussed if we moved on come seasons end and many of them we must if we are to be competitive again.

Problem is we have the same recruitment personnel still with us an I have little confidence they can get in long term quality replacements so that we are genuine title contenders again.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Can I just ask you if you think it’s unreasonable to ask an elite athlete to play two games of football a week ?

They can play twice a day every day of the year if needed.

That’s not the fitness that’s needed or talked about when the topic of fitness/tiredness is talked about.

When you pay tens of millions for a player and pay him a wage of hundreds of thousands a week for a business that makes billions, you want your players to be 100% fit for EACH game. You cannot do that with a game every three days.

We pay hundreds of pounds in season tickets and tv subscriptions. We want value for our money, we don’t want to see players not at 100% because they only played 3 days ago.

No amount of money they earn or how pampered they are can change the fact they are the same as me and you, a human being.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.