West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

The attention Raheem gets from opponents doubling up on him is one of several things that suggest he is world class. But today he did that run, stop, turn into the face of the defender thing when we want him running in straight lines towards the goal. Not a good day for him today in terms of end result but plenty of effort and tracking back.
Bollocks his ball control was shite when he had the chance to score

Totally agree. Was just strange to see some players unable to control the ball today in crucial areas of the pitch.
They absolutely soaked the pitch before the game and a half time. It's no surprise a lot of our passing seemed heavy, especially in the final third.

West Ham seemed to prefer the aerial route for a lot of the game.

They absolutely soaked the pitch before the game and a half time. It's no surprise a lot of our passing seemed heavy, especially in the final third.

West Ham seemed to prefer the aerial route for a lot of the game.
We normally like the pitch soaked though so how would it help them

Agree. Pep said he brought him on to have a left footer on the left but he never took his man on once. Came inside all the time and has no speed.

He hans't dome it once in 4 years, I'm not sure Pep could honestly expect him to do it today

There are now too many players we have to "carry" who are starters.

Rodri
Gundogan
Mahrez

You can get away with 1 such player, possibly 2, but 3 is a fucking liberty.

All 3 are nowhere near good enough.

All 3 are wet as fuck.

All 3 lack the killer instinct.

Positives -

Dias is settling well and is clearly a very good CB. He got his arse given on their goal but he wont make that mistake again as he's a quick learner. Other than that he was really good today.

Cancelo - best I've seen him play for us. Was energetic and whipped in some killer balls. Perhaps he needed time to settle and there is actually a player in there.

Foden - fabulous player and a definite changer of games.

Bizarrely we seem much more solid than ever but are struggling with the part we're usually great at - creating and scoring.

Weird.

Dias, Rodders, Mahrez and Cancelo all played 90 minutes today and are our top 4 transfers. Are they really the future? Outside of Dias(who looks a snip) the rest are squad players but squad players shouldn't cost 60 mil a pop

Exactly this teams compress the midfield which makes our fowards and attacking midfielders useless. The only worrying thing is that pep is not changing our style of play when what we are doing is clearly not working. The main question should be can he change? And i am starting to believe he cant.I feel sometimes we just have to give up possession and not to try break teams down, let them come at us and we counter. I am okay with pep extending but I just feel he has to come out and say himself that what he is doing is not working and he is willing to change his style because he keeps repeating the same things that are not working
I don’t think he can, bearing in mind how much he has spent on certain types of player. To change would mean new / different players.
He’s nailed his colours to the mast and he has no get-out-of-jail card to play. Interesting times ahead.

BBC said it was handball, but the VAR considered it ‘accidental’, so the goal was allowed to stand. WTF? I thought they removed ‘intent’ from the argument?
What's the current rule for accidental handballs that lead to a goal ?

There are now too many players we have to "carry" who are starters.

Rodri
Gundogan
Mahrez

You can get away with 1 such player, possibly 2, but 3 is a fucking liberty.

All 3 are nowhere near good enough.

All 3 are wet as fuck.

All 3 lack the killer instinct.

Positives -

Dias is settling well and is clearly a very good CB. He got his arse given on their goal but he wont make that mistake again as he's a quick learner. Other than that he was really good today.

Cancelo - best I've seen him play for us. Was energetic and whipped in some killer balls. Perhaps he needed time to settle and there is actually a player in there.

Foden - fabulous player and a definite changer of games.

Bizarrely we seem much more solid than ever but are struggling with the part we're usually great at - creating and scoring.

Weird.
Cancelo is OK, as long as long as he kept away from defensive duties, where he becomes a complete liability.

He plays 90 mins of every game. He's knackered. After the amount of goals he's scored for us in the last couple of years I'd save my vitriol for a few others tbh
So he plays 90mins, I'm sure ever player in the squad wished they played 90mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.