West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Been out all day. Can someone summarise what happened? Is Sergio out again? We have some shit luck with injuries.

So he plays 90mins, I'm sure ever player in the squad wished they played 90mins
Yeah and with 3 games a week I bet they'd be knackered too. He had a shit game, he has a few of them. He also delivers a lot more for the team than quite a few others.

I'm pissed off with footy now, it's just not real, just look at some of the results, it just proves how important it is to have a full house driving the players on instead of the sterile shite we're watching on TV, when this is over I hope the match going fans get the recognition they deserve

I'd formed the view he was shite tbh mate.

Looked a good player today though.
I know exactly what you mean! He has the odd game and you think, maybe this lad has got something to offer. Then in the next game, he reverts to form.
We are stuck with him though and so maybe we just have to find a position that suits him, which may be as a left winger with no expectation on him getting back to defend. Not ideal, but arguably better than Mendy sending over repeated aimless balls....whom also can’t defend. Plan C is Zinny, but he just slows the play by going sideways and rarely taking his man on.
I can’t believe how much we spent on him, when you look at some of the bargains that are on show in the Premier League. How did we ever get into this situation!?
Strap yourselves in for a very long season!

Does anyone have any confidence that we’d replace Mahrez with a more suitable player, or sign a world-class striker? I don’t think we should be allowing the same people in recruitment to continue to squander our budget. We need a management shake-up in order to address the root cause of the issue.

I’d say that Kevin is the only world-class outfield player in that squad. We lost Kompany, David Silva and Yaya. Fernandinho and Sergio are far over their peaks. That’s the entire spine of our team right there. We have replaced world-class players with “promising” young players, hoping that they could reach the level we require. It hasn’t worked out.

The most promising young player we signed left for Bayern and the second most promising player, academy-trained no less, we sold for peanuts to Dortmund. I keep banging on about it, but this decline has been on the cards for years. Unless we address the very serious and obvious issues with player recruitment, we won’t be able to turn things around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.