West Ham (A) - Sun 15th May, 14:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham in direct competition with the rags for 6th place, this game is the key game. This will be like a cup final for both teams. Tackles will be flying in by the home side encouraged by Moyes and the crowd. We can't afford any more injuries.
Actually we could care less about more injuries :) (Provided they will not be severe injuries)
Since we just want to win this game at any cost, even if 3-4 more players get injured and be out from next game.

It looks like a fairly daunting trip on paper with our defensive injuries, but they've not been in great form of late. One win and four defeats in their last five games. Doubt we'll be able to keep a clean sheet, but hopefully we can outscore them at the other end. Leeds and Wolves both looked like difficult challenges, but we cam through admirably.

For me, I say bring it on.

Ferny, Ake, Zinc have all stepped up to fill the breach and have played out of their skins for the shirt. It's like "guys, we got this". Kyle, Ruben & Stonesy watching on proudly from the bench is motivation enough for anyone to come in and defend the clean sheet. That's the mentality of the defensive unit and it includes the whole squad.

How must it feel for Ake, Ferny & Zinc to be ON THE PITCH at the business end of the season, protecting the hard work done by their mates throughout the season. Feeling like they've earned the right to hang that winners medal round their necks. Not being bit part players in Cups and last minute substitutes.

I have faith that it will be the collective siege mentality of our defensive unit that will win us this league.

A true squad effort of monumental proportions.

Antonio isn’t just physical, he’s quite savvy. His positional sense and ability to get ahead of his marker would make him a nightmare for an inexperienced youngster to mark. And he combines extremely well with Bowen
Agreed, and West Ham would have given our regular defence a few problems. We have got to play as well as we did against Newcastle and Wolves in keeping possession and taking our chances. I think it will be a tight exciting game and I'm going for a 3-2 win to us.

Ake & Rodri @ centre half? You score 4 we’ll score 5
I have more confidence in Rodri & Ake than Laporte & Fernandinho.

If you look at both ‘partnerships’, Rodri isn’t as slow as Fern, and Ake is faster than Laporte. So that’s better for dealing with West Ham’s quicker players.

Also, Rodri & Ake is better aerially. Ake’s aerial duel success percentage is higher than Laporte’s, and Rodri obviously has a large height advantage over Fernandinho.

The only issue with it is no out and out DM playing in midfield, but I imagine it will be a double pivot of Gundo and Bernardo, freeing up KDB again to cause havoc.

I have more confidence in Rodri & Ake than Laporte & Fernandinho.

If you look at both ‘partnerships’, Rodri isn’t as slow as Fern, and Ake is faster than Laporte. So that’s better for dealing with West Ham’s quicker players.

Also, Rodri & Ake is better aerially. Ake’s aerial duel success percentage is higher than Laporte’s, and Rodri obviously has a large height advantage over Fernandinho.

The only issue with it is no out and out DM playing in midfield, but I imagine it will be a double pivot of Gundo and Bernardo, freeing up KDB again to cause havoc.
Mightn’t work out too bad.
I prefer Kev further forward causing havoc.
Lack of speed with Gundo and Bernie is a bit of a worry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.