West Ham (H) Post Match Thread

I'd be glad if it is pointed out to me how I never learn but even the examples of some of the best performing players in our squad today is enough proof that that the idea that Mahrez is not suited to us is what it is, horseshit.

I think the fairest thing that can be said about Mahrez is that he needs more time. That doesn't necessarily mean he will cut it though.

I think the fairest thing that can be said about Mahrez is that he needs more time. That doesn't necessarily mean he will cut it though.

Indeed.

For every example of players coming good there are examples of players never coming good.

Personally I expect a bit more than potential when we have spent £60m on a player

You're right, I've just come up for air from the RAWK cess pit, there's panic on the streets of Murkyside.

Bernardo is a c**t, Pep's going to up the players "meds" and Bournemouth are going to do us.

Oh yeah, and Puma are getting back handers from the Sheikh.

They really are weird bunch , desperation oozing from every pore , the biggest threat to their title hopes is their own cult supporters , LFC the club that keeps on giving.

Three points with an obviously tired team is a good result. I’m not sure we were that poor. When we won the 6-0 against Chelsea we seemed to score at every opportunity but yesterday nothing, apart from a soft penalty, seemed to go our way. Many of the comments on BM would have been all so different if we’d missed a couple of chances against Chelsea and taken a couple of chances against West Ham.

Indeed.

For every example of players coming good there are examples of players never coming good.

Personally I expect a bit more than potential when we have spent £60m on a player
It’s not potential it’s working out how to play. By their own admission it took the players peps first season to learn what he wanted. What’s the difference? If Mahrez still struggles next season I think we can all ask why but currently it’s a bit premature to do so

Two of the first 4 chances hit the net and it would have been an easy night, hey ho, 3 points and on we go :)
80 per cent possession and 20 attempts. Those early chances go in, we win 3 or 4 nil and the performance is viewed through the 'quality performance' prism. Maybe it's a good thing - for sure Pep will have us working on being more clinical in front of goal. We tend to reboot at this stage every season.

Three points with an obviously tired team is a good result. I’m not sure we were that poor. When we won the 6-0 against Chelsea we seemed to score at every opportunity but yesterday nothing, apart from a soft penalty, seemed to go our way. Many of the comments on BM would have been all so different if we’d missed a couple of chances against Chelsea and taken a couple of chances against West Ham.
We won 6 - 0 because we were so clinical - Chelsea's megabucks team were not as piss poor as the score suggests. They tried to go toe-to-toe with us and when that happens with any team in the Prem there is only one result.

In the Carabau, Chelsea tried to hit us in spells between wasting time and getting away with some violent assaults on our players. Our supreme bottle won the cup for us.

Still laughing my arse off at Jorginho's Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks penalty run up and Kepa's comedy leg in the air cheating routine - to gain 'some breathing space'. Talk about Kepa being hoist by his own petard !!!!

If Silva had scored his early chance, rather than hitting the post, then we'd be applauding the brilliant assist from Mahrez.
I also thought that Mahrez was incorrectly blamed for a couple of offsides, when it was actually De Bruyne's fault for delaying his pass.

However, my main irritation was the over-the-top reception for Zabaleta. If only we were so supportive of Walker and Danillo
Pablo gave City his heart and soul - forcing the quickest wide players to go round the ring road or face an uncompromising but fair tackle, then getting to the other end of the pitch to deliver a quality cross, then back defending. The guy was perpetual motion. We've had some great full backs in my lifetime (I'm 58), but Pablo is head and shoulders the best I've seen in a City shirt. Willie Donachie was also world class for a sustained period.

already made my points of the game but ??

a lot of people are in the right to vent anger and moan its what a football forum is for and if we all said the same shit it would be boring, but this mahrez debate is a puzzle ??, but we should hold fire and give the lad a chance and let him settle into a system that must be hard to learn when you have been playing a total different style to pep and city

look yes he looks a million miles away from that great season at leicester and they hit everybody on the break and used a long pass over the top to vardy, but the lad has got something to offer and when he has settled into a new system we will see the best of him, you can see the lad is trying to hard and the pressure of keeping his place, but last night i felt sorry for him because the team was all over the place even KDB and D.silva was well under par so taking him off he looked like the scape goat ???
Give him time. To become a Pep player he'll need to close down opponents tenaciously, tackle, pass the ball quickly and be constantly on the move. At Leicester, he was in a team that played 'normal' football where he got the ball at the start of attacking moves. We don't play 'normal' football - playing for us is totally different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.