West Ham Next Week

always respect West Ham, Remember them singing Youll be back to our large travelling support at the above game.
Good if we return it to show we are real fans and have been their before, Another bunch of loyal decent working class fans like our fan base, not your typical modern glory seeker who is suffering from long term mismanagent ffrom the boardroom.
The deserve better

We Shud respect their travelling support. Closest thing to city in London. They respect city and hate cockney reds. On the pitch the players av a job to do and r paid to do it. They don't even know or even care why Shud they about off pitch history. Bit of mutual bonding might prove helpful in august at wembley icf would be useful allies angst vermin cockney reds and jokers who latch onto them

law74 said:
mad4city said:
Am I the only one who remembers a game at Upton Park, when we were as good as relegated, around 1987/88 when the Hammer's fans refused to gloat and actually sang "There's only one Man City!"?

By the way...
I'll always remember this game because Liam Brady togged out for them, that day and Liam Brady in a claret and blue shirt just didn't look right (if you know what I mean - and if you do tell me, will you?).

Was that the game where after the match they invaded the pitch and rushed to the city fans and started singing You'll be back before the swapping of scarves etc?

West ham, real club, real fans & there are quite a few I would rather see go down than the hammers (though some of them could be a wee bit tasty back in the day)

^^^^^^ this.

Most match-going fans get my respect so the clubs with little or no support I don't much care about

I wouldn't be too quick to feel sorry for West Ham. Going off their performance at Chelsea (minus Parker and Upson) they will be difficult to beat.

In 20 mins Sunderland went from looking like they might go down to the top half of the table

There are no no-hopers this season. Every team has quality players, and the bottom 6 are all motivated to the extreme and very dangerous opponents. That's why the Premiership has been such an exciting League this season. It's so unpredictable and so much strength in depth

mad4city said:
Am I the only one who remembers a game at Upton Park, when we were as good as relegated, around 1987/88 when the Hammer's fans refused to gloat and actually sang "There's only one Man City!"?

By the way...
I'll always remember this game because Liam Brady togged out for them, that day and Liam Brady in a claret and blue shirt just didn't look right (if you know what I mean - and if you do tell me, will you?).

Spot on they were great that day in 87- Hope West Ham stay up by winning every game left except for the City game obviously. Top fans and probably the capitals version of MCFC, passion,travel in numbers and hate the Rags.

MJB said:
Used to drink with WH fans when I lived in London,good lads and they hate Manure especially the cockney type.

You've got that spot on. Some real bad blood between the Clubs.

Every long suffering West Ham fan I've ever met talks about the talent their Youth Academy nurtured yet the Club sold. Especially to their rivals. Jar Jar, Lampard, Joe Cole, Carrick, Defoe, Glen Johnson etc. I know I was gutted when we lost SWP to Chelsea but imagine consistently producing great players but never getting the chance to see them shine in the first team.

But the Hammers haven't been unlucky this time round. Curbishley had players sold behind his back, Zola was a bad appointment and Grant has done a really bad job. They've been in the bottom 3 pretty much all season. I'm sure they'll bounce back but they're fucked IMHO.

mike o said:
Always had a soft spot for West Ham.

Really hope the Olympic thing works out for them like COMS has for us. i.e some decent investment and a turnaround in fortunes.
this!
the only other team where i would like to see this happen.think its because they remind me of how we used to be,and every westham fan ive met has only had respect for city and just as much dislike for them other southern rags.....c'mon westham stay up!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.