West Ham players and manager return positive Covid tests

This is a very worrying development for my sanity. Its one thing going into spring with lockdown and another going into winter. Football, all be it only on TV, is one of the few things, to look forward to.

How many first team squad members need to have covid19 before a game is called of ? Or is it treated like just an injury and a team has to put out the kids
Good question i was thinking the same its going to happen where 4 or 5 players will get it at one time, if its Liverpool then called off if its us game played.

How many first team squad members need to have covid19 before a game is called of ? Or is it treated like just an injury and a team has to put out the kids
Don't forget that a significant number of tests are false positives and the vast majority of those who do get Covid don't have any symptoms or very mild ones. I think it will be treated like an injury unless you have a large number of players ruled out making the game a farce.
Football is going ahead in other places across the world in many cases with reduced crowds. I will be surprised if it is pulled in England unless the situation becomes untenable.

I'd love to know more about the processes in place, you'd think the manager himself would be in much contact with his staff and players just hours before kick off.

Yet apparently the opposition were talked through the processes West Ham have in place and agreed to play.

I really hope there are no additional cases from this outbreak.

You'd imagine that all clubs would have been invited to vote on what would happen with multiple positive tests before the season started. But I guess the idea remains to just reschedule wherever possible to ensure they are played, or evidently to carry on with the match if under a certain number are affected.

Otherwise the system is open to abuse. A team may ask to postpone a game if they have 3 or 4 players positive who may not even be first choice (are those tests then verified?) and in the meantime their star striker returns for the next game from an unrelated injury. Whilst there has to be an approach of goodwill and belief in all doing the right thing, come relegation and title time then the temptation rises.

By February or March the backlog of games could look ridiculous.

Don't forget that a significant number of tests are false positives and the vast majority of those who do get Covid don't have any symptoms or very mild ones. I think it will be treated like an injury unless you have a large number of players ruled out making the game a farce.
Football is going ahead in other places across the world in many cases with reduced crowds. I will be surprised if it is pulled in England unless the situation becomes untenable.
there are also a lot of false negatives only picks up about 70% of cases!

there are also a lot of false negatives only picks up about 70% of cases!
Yes it's incredible really. Football may keep going but it's hard to see schools staying open if they have to send whole classes home for ten days to wait for test results. Football clubs get private test results within hours. What a fiasco.

I can see this season becoming a farce, teams wont be losing players and matches due to injuries but to a world pandemic.
And they'll just be bullshitting. The number of players who've tested positive so far who had "no contact" with the rest of the squad is unbelievable. Do we honestly think teams are going to be honest about this if there's a big game coming up?

Where were these during project restart ...
Well this is it. How many were tested positive before and during the restart last season. Most of these recent positives have come about through players going home, going on holiday, playing internationals, playing away ;), etc.
Lack of compliance and following the rules when outside of their bubbles have contributed to the increase. I think the instances will start to fall, hopefully, now that the players are back into the routine of the bubbles and processes. They will certainly be reminded of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.