West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm. Composure.

Play the game and not the occasion.

This is THE perfect opportunity to once and for all banish those lingering insecurities, those lingering 'but its typical city' doubts, the hurt and pain of the hope killing us only to be let down all those years

2012 was special yes and we have overcome most of that stale 'old city' mentality but the smell of it lingered for most of that afternoon until those crazy couple of minutes.

This is now the opportunity to take a significant leap forward by winning the game but winning it in a composed, assured manner which appreciates the context of it naturally being a tense affair with the title at stake and end of season fixture but is also a resounding victory from start to finish and not a magical miracle injury time triumph.

Now is the time to leave the drama behind. And to win it over a long 90 minutes. Make the rest of football watching it suffer. Suffocate the life out of the title race and we move on to a new way of thinking. And it will bring supporters together, young and old, cynical and optimists. Collectively. And I believe we will go on and dominate English football for the next 5 years.

I would prefer to win the title this way - a 3-0 composed, assured, controlled, giant like performance than the dramatic ending of 2012.

I think we are all ready for it.

Manchester_lalala said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Winning last night was key, as far as I'm concerned.

But we cannot - repeat, CANNOT - go into this game believing that a draw is enough. We have a chance to finally become the team that isn't lumped in with the goal difference tag, and if we pass up that chance I'll be a little disappointed. It's all about installing a winning mentality, and drawing on Sunday, though it may give us the league title, will leave me a little annoyed. Let's aim to take the title on points this time. Complacency is not an option.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov
Yaya Toure - Fernandinho
Nasri - Silva - Jovetic (SERIOUSLY, how many times does he have to do well off the bench before he starts a league game?)
Dzeko

Pantilimon, Richards, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Aguero, Negredo.

I think it's throwing jovetic in such a big game that's the problem. We should keep a team that's been playing with each other all season. No doubting jovetic because I think he will be a great player for us, we will see lots more of him next year.

I agree, at the moment he gives the team a lift when he comes off the bench, also with fresh legs against tired defences he isn't afraid to shift the ball a yard, and have a pop.

Also bit harsh in the original post to leave Garcia out of the squad completely ;)

gio's side step said:
Calm. Composure.

Play the game and not the occasion.

This is THE perfect opportunity to once and for all banish those lingering insecurities, those lingering 'but its typical city' doubts, the hurt and pain of the hope killing us only to be let down all those years

2012 was special yes and we have overcome most of that stale 'old city' mentality but the smell of it lingered for most of that afternoon until those crazy couple of minutes.

This is now the opportunity to take a significant leap forward by winning the game but winning it in a composed, assured manner which appreciates the context of it naturally being a tense affair with the title at stake and end of season fixture but is also a resounding victory from start to finish and not a magical miracle injury time triumph.

Now is the time to leave the drama behind. And to win it over a long 90 minutes. Make the rest of football watching it suffer. Suffocate the life out of the title race and we move on to a new way of thinking. And it will bring supporters together, young and old, cynical and optimists. Collectively. And I believe we will go on and dominate English football for the next 5 years.

I would prefer to win the title this way - a 3-0 composed, assured, controlled, giant like performance than the dramatic ending of 2012.

I think we are all ready for it.

It's only us fans who have this typical City feeling and not the players who seem to be ultimate proffessional and believe in their own ability.

As fans though I don't think typical City will ever leave us as it's in our DNA.

Markt85 said:
always reading on here that Carrol is sh*t, a donkey etc... yet he seems to be the one you now fear going into Sunday.

I actually think he is a pretty decent player, it's the tactics that his presence in a team seems to encourage that are a bit of an issue and of course the size of the fee to Liverpool which didn't really reflect the reality of his ability. He murdered us at Anfield a few years ago though so on his day he really is a problem.

Just a post match thought (assuming we don't lose!); how about a lap of honour with the trophy before players families hog the pitch. Last time the players ran up and down the pitch facing the VIPs and didn't carry the trophy around the whole ground.It ended up looking more like a family day out than a salute to the fans!

Looks like there's a high chance of rain again, I hope it doesn't. When we beat QPR it was a mint day.

Can't wait for Sunday but would love an early couple of goals to help really enjoy the day.

We've been the team to beat since 2012 and everyone brings their 'A' games for us, which with our style of play makes for an exciting match. You know we don't do things the easy way though, so expect a nervous atmosphere like last night, which was mint after the 1st went in......

My starting team as follows:

Hart
Zabaletta Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Fernandinho Milner Y.Toure Nasri
Sliva
Dzeko

Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo and Navas on the bench for options going forward if we need it!

We R CiTY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.