West Ham Thread 2015/16

Sorry fella but this just sounds like sour grapes. Your argument just boils down to 'we didn't get something for nothing so they shouldn't either' it's all a bit sad really. Blame whoever signed off on it from the government, but West Ham can't be blamed for taking advantage of it. There isn't a club in the country who would turn that sort of deal down.
Not sour grapes at all mate, couldn't give a fuck about Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or any other of the clubs down there. It's our taxes - the whole country's not just those cockney mob - that's paying for it. I'm not having a go at WHU - couldn't give a monkies what club is involved - I'm having a go at the govt, the LDCC and Boris Johnson who awarded all our money to them. So is the petition. It's not attacking or criticising WHU, it's asking for those responsible for this scandal to be brought to book. You all please yourselves what you think about it and me but I'm City through and through and couldn't give a fuck about WHU I just don't like seeing my taxes being used so blatantly wrongly. Don't know how true it is but on another site it says Newham Council down there have to cut £2 million from elsewhere in their budget when WHU move in to fund operational costs. Reckons that the withdrawal of funding will result in a reduction in home care for the elderly and that their two British Legion centres will no longer receive their grants and will close down. That's people who fought for us in the war for fuck sake. Can't be right any way you look at it.

That petition can fuck off. Really hope this benefits West Ham, would love to see them join us in the CL.

100% with you brother. My second favourite team. Hope they thrive once they get to the new ground and overcome the other London clubs.

Proper club, proper fans, just like us, IMHO.

There are two sides to this.

1) Is it a good deal for the tax payer? No. It is not. BUT it is probably one of the best possible deals that could have been got after those in charge messed up the planning and legacy. However, you could also argue West Ham could contribute a hell of a lot more and still get a good deal out of it - their rates and not having to pay for corner flags, goals, electricity etc. seems low and strange.

2) Is it a good deal for football? The OVERWHELMING answer is No. No club should get government help/subsidies to run their club. It makes a mockery of fair play and level playing fields. Someone on another board highlighted Sunderland's 50K stadium as an example that it doesn't help. The major difference is they actually have to pay for their's and so don't suddenly get a 71odd million pound cash injection, plus very low rental rates combined with tiny running costs. This gives West Ham a huge advantage that no other football club gets and should not be allowed. As others have said it would be interesting to see a European ruling on this as I don't see how it could be legal.

If both 1 and 2 are not answered with a "yes" then something should be done about it. Right now the best you could have for 1 is "maybe" but 2 is a definite "no". It is not sour grapes, it is perfectly fine for them to play at the stadium, they should just pay a going rate and not be subsidised by the government.

You're Millwall though?
yeah, it makes like they're a millwall fan with their username, then professes to be "City through and through" ?!eh? spurs fan if you ask me, they've got a petition thread about this on their glory glory site, so it would stand to reason that this is one their lot- plus this ruse here stinks of pure spurs snidey machinations to me.

yeah, it makes like they're a millwall fan with their username, then professes to be "City through and through" ?!eh? spurs fan if you ask me, they've got a petition thread about this on their glory glory site, so it would stand to reason that this is one their lot- plus this ruse here stinks of pure spurs snidey machinations to me.

bring back the post count

Am not surprised why some of you ain't bothered because you think it's just Spurs and Arsenal with the hump but this affects every club in the country. We paid our fair share for our new ground after the Commonwealth games and we gave away our old one as part of the deal. We pay for our own pitch and facilities upkeep and our matchday stewards. They'll be doing neither and it's us taxpayer who are losing out. How the fuck can some of you have an affinity with WHU, or any other club for that matter? Not the City I have supported man and boy.
Hahah, fuck off with your "not the City I have supported man and boy". I can have a soft spot for West Ham as their fans have always been top draw when I've spoken to them and their club reminds me of us pre-Sheikh. A real good core group of fans, hope this goes well for them, especially if it's at the expense of your horrible mob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.