West Ham United 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made nine changes. If I was a West Ham fan I would be royally pissed off. It's a chance to get to Wembley and win a cup, why not go for it?

They made nine changes. If I was a West Ham fan I would be royally pissed off. It's a chance to get to Wembley and win a cup, why not go for it?

I suppose Pellers had to take the chance to play some squad members and/or kids and accept the risk, but nine! Wow! I suppose the thing is if they finish the season in a good league position all will be forgiven and forgotten by most fans. Still, like you say, it was a chance for a cup run as they had easy opponents and all fans like a cup run - Oxford are now home to Sunderland...

I suppose Pellers had to take the chance to play some squad members and/or kids and accept the risk, but nine! Wow! I suppose the thing is if they finish the season in a good league position all will be forgiven and forgotten by most fans. Still, like you say, it was a chance for a cup run as they had easy opponents and all fans like a cup run - Oxford are now home to Sunderland...

Before the takeover we'd have killed for a league cup and i still value it now, a trophy is a trophy. Finishing fifth or sixth might mean Europa league but that's a bloody hindrance.

Same as Leicester last season.

Knowing that Pep would put out a mixture of back-ups and kids, Puel missed a golden opportunity to take the Foxes to the semifinals, and therefore almost certainly the final, considering their opponents would have been Burton, because he didn’t field a full-strength side against us.

Before the takeover we'd have killed for a league cup and i still value it now, a trophy is a trophy. Finishing fifth or sixth might mean Europa league but that's a bloody hindrance.

All City supporters, who are old enough to remember Dennis' overhead stunner at Wembley in '76 should hold the League Cup in high regard. It was all we had to cling to for 35 years until Yaya, Bobby Manc and the rest of them tore down that fucking banner.

Didn't they lose with some silly margin last year too from some lower club?

Yep. Very pissed off with that amount of changes - it’s not like we’re playing any European games either so players don’t need the rest.
Shocking performance and result.

Yep. Very pissed off with that amount of changes - it’s not like we’re playing any European games either so players don’t need the rest.
Shocking performance and result.

I don't blame you. Supporters want days out at Wembley and to win trophies. They don't see finishing in the top six/four as exciting or why they go to football. I know not every club can win one, we didn't for thirty five years, but at least give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.