Wetherspoons to stop selling French champagne.

Don't the EU still ban anything not made in the Champagne region from being called champagne?
Think the original case was about Cassis de Dijon, but it's presumably also the reason why Greggs don't sell cornish pasties now, they sell beef & veg pasties.

Wetherspoons are an incredible company. Fucking brilliant business model. Not massively my cup of tea; I prefer my pubs more trendy or more edgy. Pubs with idiosyncrasies are also a personal favourite. The only thing that’s idiosyncratic about Wetherspoons pubs is the names, which are usually well-researched and considered. Otherwise, most of their pubs are much of a muchness.
I agree. My local near our offices in Darwen is a spoons. Beautiful building, grade 2 listed, full of absolute utter pondlife. When the sun is shining, sitting in the beer garden is like something out of Star Wars. However, that said, they serve good beer at an exceptional price, £5 for 2 decent pints. I don’t eat there but see plenty that do and again it’s an absolute steal for a decent sized meal.

Uk sparkling while, it can be decent is far more expensive than proscecco or cheaper Champaign. And I have no idea if we have the capacity to produce what is needed.

Nytimber, one of the bigger suppliers is about 60k bottles a year.

Why do people talk about pubs like they’re their own personal friends ?
The Pub is THE greatest English institution. Nearly everyone has a pub that they love spending vast amounts of time and money in - a place like nowhere else on earth. Nearly everyone has a pub that they would not set foot in even if it was the last pub on earth. And often it's the very same place!
I do hope you were on the wind up Ballino - pubs and City are my world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.