We've all done it

Citizen Green

What players have you got on the back of your top which you turned out to regret?

Mine are 14 Jo at that start of the 08/09 season and 10 Robinho at the start of last season.

Also got 8 Barton and 9 Cole in the past.

Not getting players names on the back of my shirts anymore.

The only player's name I've ever had was "The Goat" on the back of that Le Coq "First Advice" shirt, with the black/red diagonal stripe (similar to the current 3rd shirt). Even managed to get it signed by the man himself. Other than that I've never really bothered.

I used to do this all the time as a kid. It was like a curse i had on the players, i got Cole, Anelka, Goater, SWP (the first time he was here), Wanchope.

So this year on the black away kit i got Kinkladze 7 :) cant go wrong! I'm just thinking of who to get for next year . . . currently Rosler 28 is winning it!

Number 7 white. later left for leeds, was gutted, since then i only ever got my own name and favourite number on my shirt.
I remember once i was walking down market street with my shirt and my name on the back and this guy and his kid came up to me and said "ive been away for two weeks and just got back, who is this mannion we have bought, he must be good if people have him on their shirts" he looked truely gutted when I told him it was my surname.

Can't remember. Although it was probably King Colin, back in the late 60's/early 70's. I stopped having a player's name on the back of any City shirt I'd bought for donkey's years now.

Probably an age-thing.

Got Robinho 10 on last seasons home and Wright-Phillips 8 on last seasons away. Tevez 32 on this seasons home, next season depends on who we sign, might just get my surname. Also planning on A.Johnson on an England shirt depending if he makes it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.