We've got enough....

No players really compatible to Toure, in his pomp, but N’Zonzi strikes me as being the only player who seems as unflappable when receiving the ball under pressure. Age, however, is not on his side.

Toures role last season was as Fernandinho's back up when we were despetate, that's what we are replacing Fernandinho's back up and eventual replacement. We aren't replacing the Toure of old there isn't a place for that type of player.

Alright lads it seems I wasn't clear enough, I wasn't suggesting we were looking for an exact copy of Toure, or an exact copy of Fern. I believe we want to have two defensive midfielders, one who is calm under pressure pass master type (hence looking at Jorginho etc) and one who is more of an energetic destroyer (currently Fern but maybe next summer we'd look at someone like Ndombele).

DkMf0yxW0AMPCP1.jpg:large

Depth for the season, I think we'll be fine. Verratti next summer... ;)

*Mangala will probably be unregistered for the PL and CL, however he would still be eligible to play in domestic cup games when he gets back to fitness.
**Gomes, Bernabé and García won't be eligible in the CL.

beside Marhez do we think any of the others will stay with the first team ??
No idea about Sandler, but Braaf and Knight are only 15 so they will definitely not stay with the first team. Arzani will go on loan, but I think Gomes and maybe even Bernabe could play in the cups

beside Marhez do we think any of the others will stay with the first team ??
Gomes I think could play in the cups given the lack of cover for Fernandinho. Knight and Braaf too young to mention now. Arzani is profit signing and Sandler could go either way, most likely profit signing too. Bernabe I think could make the odd sub appearance but other than that think he will play with the EDS this season.

Seems strange that there was so litle transfer activity from us, rags and spurs, I thought the rags would have gone balls deep to try and close the gap but it seems they cant justify it.
as it is I see the top 6 finishing like this.

City
Dippers
Rags
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal.

I think the rags board will not back Jose and the players don’t want to get slagged off week in week out. I mean even Everton outdid them over the Colombian Milna . I think Utd will be looking for a new manager come Christmas

I think the rags board will not back Jose and the players don’t want to get slagged off week in week out. I mean even Everton outdid them over the Colombian Milna . I think Utd will be looking for a new manager come Christmas
It wouldn't surprise me to think they may already be secretly looking

Agree and it seems as if Mou is actively - and with little subtlety - angling for an exit. As for a Colombian (Jimmy?) Milna ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.