We've Won it Three Times

Pam

I was talking to my dad yesterday (who, incidently, is nearly 80 by the way and was at St James Park in '68). He was making the point about the fact that our noiseless neighbours may have won the title 19 to our 3 but the way it was won last year eclipses every memory anyone around the world has about the nineteen the rags have have. It isn't the 19 rag triumphs people will talk about. It's City's title everyone from most places on the planet will remember.

I love this.

Pam said:
I was talking to my dad yesterday (who, incidently, is nearly 80 by the way and was at St James Park in '68). He was making the point about the fact that our noiseless neighbours may have won the title 19 to our 3 but the way it was won last year eclipses every memory anyone around the world has about the nineteen the rags have have. It isn't the 19 rag triumphs people will talk about. It's City's title everyone from most places on the planet will remember.

I love this.

another anti-rag post.....

The only league title win that comes close to ours in modern history is Arsenal's from 1989 when they won with a last minute goal at Anfield. But even that falls short by a distance. So it's true, our first league win in decades and of the Premier League era is and unless something miraculous happens forever will be the greatest and most memorable of all time. Even if we ended up a non-league team, no one can take that away from us.

nederblue said:
Pam said:

I love this.

another anti-rag post.....

I love em, keep em coming Pam.

I'm confused......United are our rivals geographically and on the pitch, why on earth shouldn't we comment on them?

I remember them devoting a cartoon character to us in one of their fanzines 'Bertie Magoo the bitter blue' even when we were shite they loved dissing us.

Here's another Pam, the day they won '19' we ended our 35 year wait for a trophy, would have took the shine off their achievement at the very least, rags who claim otherwise are liars.

LoveCity said:
The only league title win that comes close to ours in modern history is Arsenal's from 1989 when they won with a last minute goal at Anfield. But even that falls short by a distance. So it's true, our first league win in decades and of the Premier League era is and unless something miraculous happens forever will be the greatest and most memorable of all time. Even if we ended up a non-league team, no one can take that away from us.

Agreed but the 1968 Title was something special with a 4-3 final day win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.