What’s the best musical you have ever seen?

None.

Musicals are shit, and I've thought that since I was about 5 years old.

I'm 64 now, and I've always detested them.
At 58, I certainly wouldn't class myself as s fan of musicals, but have seen

Rocky Horror (where unless the place hadn't have been jam packed with fit girls in lacy underwear, I'd have left and gone to the pub)

Took the kids to these two
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - which was good
Jason and his overcoat - which was OK

You're just a few years older than myself so you must, like me, have grown up with the music of Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons
The Jersey Boys was excellent and I'd recommend that to you

All the stuff like Cats, Phantom, Miss Saigon, I know I wouldn't be interested in

I'd love to find more good musicals on the streaming sites (Netflix, Prime, Disney, etc).

I really enjoyed Les Miserables, Hello Dolly, Singing in the Rain and The Court Jester.

Keeping Hamilton for a nice night in. Hope it's good.

Seen quite a few at the Theatre,favourites are
Les Mis
Billy Elliot
Book of Mormon
Brassed off the musical also good at Oldham Collesium!

Looking forward to Hamilton
Cats was Rubbish!

I can’t imagine anyone who answers any other way has seen Hamilton.

I’m not the biggest fan of the art form, but there plenty one can enjoy as entertaining. I liked “Into The Woods” and “Book of Mormon” and “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum” and some others.

But no other musical will be seen as having made an important, meaningful contribution to western culture, other than maybe West Side Story.

It’s seriously not even close.

I'm not big on musicals either but the very best, especially at the theatre, are worth seeing.

We want to see "Book of Mormon" but very worried that Covid situation will curtail that plan.

West Side Story movie soundtrack (the original) is the only musical that I have in my music collection.

None.

Musicals are shit, and I've thought that since I was about 5 years old.

I'm 64 now, and I've always detested them.

Ditto. Detest them too. Always just found the idea of people bursting into song during a play as ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.