What’s your worst holiday experience, destination?

W W

worsleyweb

I will go for 5 days in a caravan in Siloth in Cumbria. Horrendous. Just don’t ever go.

Haven at Hafan Y Mor when the kids were little. Pissed it down all the way through. England got beat in the Euro's whilst we were there much to the locals amusement. And on the way back a lorry nearly took us out on a roundabout.

That was our last break on this isle.

A family holiday in Bridlington in 1963, the place was infested with flies, you couldn't walk along the seafront without them swarming around. The only memorable bit was hearing about the Great Train Robbery on the news!

Las Piramides in Playa de las Americas, Tenerife was pretty bad. Crawling with the Hull and Essex lot on their yearly venture off the estate. Sewage problems in the room too, cold food at the buffet, rude as fuck staff to a man. Put me off ever going to Tenerife again, which is a shame as a lot swear by it.

I remember a holiday on the Greek island of Aegina in the 90s. The beach nearest to our hotel was full of litter and when i walked along it i sunk to my knees in thick oil under the sand! I trudged back to the hotel to wash it off shower and the hotel owner said i couldn't have a shower saying I should walk a mile along a track to a petrol station so I could wipe it off with petrol. I told him i wasn't prepared to walk a mile in the blazing sun caked in oil. He relented because a few other hotel guests said he should let me shower, so he begrudgingly let me. Agina is the nearest island to Athens and the port of Piraeus where cruise ships tip their rubbish and old engine oil. Apart from that it wasn't too bad a holiday.

I also had another bad experience in mid 90s when I went to kusadasi in Turkey. I got food poisoning from eating a cooked chicken on a rotisserie that had juices from uncooked chickens dripping on it. I was really ill for 3 days on the toilet and being sick and could only stomach bread and water. The only good thing was i wasn't spending much so i treated myself to a leather jacket.

Haven at Hafan Y Mor when the kids were little. Pissed it down all the way through. England got beat in the Euro's whilst we were there much to the locals amusement. And on the way back a lorry nearly took us out on a roundabout.

That was our last break on this isle.
I'm going there in October

Not a shithole but beware of La Manga on the Costa Blanca. A lot of club and International teams used to go there, it's where the some of Leicester team got caught with their trousers down a few years ago. It's a rip off, shite service and full of brass, never again. Even the barmaid at the pub on site was a part time prossy, she gave my mate a "menu" with her prices on it, golf courses were good though:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.